Seton Hall University/St. Francis IM Categorical Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this program? Please help if you have any information about the program itself (training-wise, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

I participated in the scramble last year and they had 4 spots last year. A friend of mine who scrambled too was invited for an interview but after saying yes she didnt go to the interview.

Her reason for not going to the interview was that she didnt like what she saw on FREIDA about the program and on the residency webpage.

I would have gone if invited.

I've been to the hospital for a surgery interview 7 years ago...

Its a fairly dark and old place, with lots of bleeding stigmata and Jesus statues around - not bad, if you like that sort of thing. All the residents were either FMGs or IMGs, at least in surgery.

I liked everyone I met there, but the area is horrible, and they hardly ever fill. Not sure why, but if you are scrambling for a spot, might be worth a look.

I think these guys dont rank people on purpose.. pretty much with the intention of picking and choosing people with the highest scores during the scramble... Word is that they got way over a thousand applicants for those spots.

They can afford to be picky.

I participated in the scramble last year and they had 4 spots last year. A friend of mine who scrambled too was invited for an interview but after saying yes she didnt go to the interview.

Her reason for not going to the interview was that she didnt like what she saw on FREIDA about the program and on the residency webpage.

I would have gone if invited.

Yes, I looked at Frieda too and what stuck out was the 5 full-time physicians that was listed and the 74 hour workweek.