Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khurley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!! I do not see much in the way of threads on Seton Hall in here. I applied for this program back in January and was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet since it is my top choice!! Last year the deadline was two months later so I would assume they heard later than we should for this year but it is driving me crazy waiting for their response! When did people find out last year? I heard from all the other schools I applied to and already had to put my deposit in at one as I am still waiting to hear from Seton Hall. Let me know!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm a 1st year student at Seton Hall. I didn't hear from Seton Hall until May, but some heard earlier than me like in mid/end of April. However, I did email email the head of the program because I had to reply back to other schools I got accepted to and Seton Hall was my number one. So you can try that to see if it will help. This year there is a lot more applicants than they expected, so you have to be patient. I know that they are sorting through and working through the applications. Good luck! If you have any questions about the program let me know!

Hi!! I do not see much in the way of threads on Seton Hall in here. I applied for this program back in January and was wondering if anyone has heard anything yet since it is my top choice!! Last year the deadline was two months later so I would assume they heard later than we should for this year but it is driving me crazy waiting for their response! When did people find out last year? I heard from all the other schools I applied to and already had to put my deposit in at one as I am still waiting to hear from Seton Hall. Let me know!!

I was accepted to seton hall by phone call Thursday April 5. Good luck!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats LVD!! have you decided where you want to go?

Thank you so much! Yes I have decided on Columbia!!

LVD- do you mind sharing your stats? Also did you get a financial aid package from Columbia?(I'm curious about the true cost of attendance). Thanks :)

LVD- do you mind sharing your stats? Also did you get a financial aid package from Columbia?(I'm curious about the true cost of attendance). Thanks :)

No packet yet! Hopefully soon :) I spoke with a current student. She said tuition is about 1600$ a semester, 650$ for summer field work plus a few thousand for fees and transportation stuff. So because I am going to commute I'm hoping the cost will be somewhere around high 70's maybe 80's. Here are my stats

William Paterson university
Exercise physiology
Overall gpa: 3.85
Pre req gpa: 3.8? ( never really calculated it)
gre: never took them. None if the school i applied to required it
Experience: 1000+ hours as a certified nursing assistant in a subacute
Certified emergency medical technician
50 hours shadowing in various settings
Rehabilitation aide in outpatient clinic

No packet yet! Hopefully soon :) I spoke with a current student. She said tuition is about 1600$ a semester, 650$ for summer field work plus a few thousand for fees and transportation stuff. So because I am going to commute I'm hoping the cost will be somewhere around high 70's maybe 80's. Here are my stats

William Paterson university
Exercise physiology
Overall gpa: 3.85
Pre req gpa: 3.8? ( never really calculated it)
gre: never took them. None if the school i applied to required it
Experience: 1000+ hours as a certified nursing assistant in a subacute
Certified emergency medical technician
50 hours shadowing in various settings
Rehabilitation aide in outpatient clinic

Thanks. I can see you had a very strong application. Congrats on getting in :)

Hi! I'm a 1st year student at Seton Hall. I didn't hear from Seton Hall until May, but some heard earlier than me like in mid/end of April. However, I did email email the head of the program because I had to reply back to other schools I got accepted to and Seton Hall was my number one. So you can try that to see if it will help. This year there is a lot more applicants than they expected, so you have to be patient. I know that they are sorting through and working through the applications. Good luck! If you have any questions about the program let me know!

I was wondering what kind of schedules does seton hall give you? Like are the classes during the day? do you get to pick your classes?

Could you tell me about how the classes work there?

our schedule is set for us, so no, you don't get to pick your classes or choose your schedule. typically you have 2-3 classes a day and 1 day off for fieldwork. most classes are during the morning/afternoon but there could be a couple of classes that end at 6:30 but that isn't a huge deal. first year - first semester your with your classmates for most of the classes, second semester you get more split up for seminar and labs.

I spoke to one of my colleagues who was accepted there, and she said she received a phone call earlier this month. She plans to attend Kean University, so that may help if you like. I am also waiting on a decision. I emailed Debbie, and she said we should know by the next couple weeks.

I am glad to see a few people have heard back!! Congrats to everyone who did get in... as for me I am STILL waiting for a reply.. If I don't get in I am going to University of Sciences in Philadelphia which starts in a month so I am getting really antsy that I still don't know what I am doing! Hard to make summer plans if I am not sure if I will be in class or not! Really hoping to hear by the end of the week or I am just going to assume I will be in classes this summer at USP!

I spoke to one of my colleagues who was accepted there, and she said she received a phone call earlier this month. She plans to attend Kean University, so that may help if you like. I am also waiting on a decision. I emailed Debbie, and she said we should know by the next couple weeks.

Kean U is on probation and risk losing their accreditation. I'd tell your friend to revise her plans if I were her.

email SHU's head of department. if SHU is your #1, then you may get an earlier response. good luck!

Just got my acceptance by phone today. Will not be attending, but a good feeling I only got wait listed by 1 school out of 5.

I have sent emails and have not gotten a response from anyone as to when we would be hearing. Some people heard April 1, some heard by April 15 and some heard by today. April is over in a few days.. my application has been in for over four months now.

Just going to give up hope and pay my tuition for another program since it starts in only a few weeks. I think it has reached the point of rude and irresponsible to hear nothing from them for this long. Can't imagine there are THAT many applications that they can possibly take this long to review them all and make decisions.

congrats on your acceptance!! If you don't mind me asking to those that were accepted, when did you have to let them know if you were attending or not by? Still have not heard and I sent an email the end of last week to see when we will hear but maybe she did not receive it because got no response. Want to see if they are waiting to hear back from those accepted already before they send out more admissions decisions. Just stressed out!! Thanks!

congrats on your acceptance!! If you don't mind me asking to those that were accepted, when did you have to let them know if you were attending or not by? Still have not heard and I sent an email the end of last week to see when we will hear but maybe she did not receive it because got no response. Want to see if they are waiting to hear back from those accepted already before they send out more admissions decisions. Just stressed out!! Thanks!

I have to May 10. Good luck hope you get in!

Lol me and my colleagues are actually going to be graduating from Kean. Yes, you are right. Our president has been accused of falsifying information on his resume, and the school risks losing accreditation. Good thing I got accepted into Seton Hall. Despite this, i still love being a Kean student and will greatly miss it.

Some of you speculated about just how many people were in the running for the spots at Seton Hall (SHU). Keep in mind the undergrad 3+3 students have spots locked. The program has a max of 35 spots. This past year for the fall 2012 cohort there was near 300 applications for less then 20 spots open.

Reactions: 1 user