Sex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you male or female?

• Male

Votes: 94 63.9%
  • Female

Votes: 52 35.4%

• Total voters

You

Carpe Diem!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No! Not that kind! Get your hypothalamus out of the gutter.

Are you Male or Female?

Members don't see this ad.

and I thought we were talking about shoe shopping!

lol. We are talking about the XX or the XY. :D

I got no extra money left for shoe shopping anyway....ugh Christmas is coming.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes Please! (Austin Powers 1995)

Do you guys think this poll represents the actual male/female ratio in dental school. I thought the ratio will be more like 70/30, but I guess I could be wrong.

I don't think any sampling of SDNers represents the normal population of predents. We are abnormal individually and collectively.

Do you guys think this poll represents the actual male/female ratio in dental school. I thought the ratio will be more like 70/30, but I guess I could be wrong.

I just looked ADEA site and some school stats, extrapolation from this poll still stays within the ball park ratio of 60-70 / 40-30 on those sites.

Does this mean women gets more leniency in the process?

I just looked ADEA site and some school stats, extrapolation from this poll still stays within the ball park ratio of 60-70 / 40-30 on those sites.

Does this mean women gets more leniency in the process?

Nope, women don't get any leniency, they are subjected to as rigorous standards as men. Most schools choose 30% women if 30% of the applicants are women. At Pitt, we have 28 women / 80 students. When I interviewed at UMDNJ last year, they said their (now) 2nd year class was about 65% women.

Depends on the school, but if you're banking on your gender getting you in. It's not true.

In fact, a lot of schools are a little iffy about women ebcause so many leave the work force after kids. Don't jump on me for that one, that's jsut what I've heard. I'm a woman and not planning to leave after babies. :p

"Women? On my Internet?"

"It's more likely than you think!"