**SFSU Dental Post Bac 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sddsnet12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started this forum for SFSU Dental Post Bac Program Admission 2014-2015. It's been this time of the year that we will be receiving news on interviews/acceptances/rejections in the next several weeks. I submitted my application in the mid-March and still have not yet heard anything. Is there anyone heard any news?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are these Dental Post Bac programs significantly beneficial to your chances of getting into dental school? It sounds like something I could use.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are these Dental Post Bac programs significantly beneficial to your chances of getting into dental school? It sounds like something I could use.

Obviously theres no guarantees. I'm in one now about to finish it and I got into the dental school here.
I would ask them what are the minimum requirements for an interview. What is the acceptance rate for someone who attended the post back. For mine if we had over a 3.0 and met the DAT requirements we were guaranteed an interview and out of last years class something like 75% stay at our school and I think they said like 90% get into a professional school (mind you that means DO/MD/Dental/PA/Pharm/OT etc...)
They definitely aren't easy either!

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously theres no guarantees. I'm in one now about to finish it and I got into the dental school here.
I would ask them what are the minimum requirements for an interview. What is the acceptance rate for someone who attended the post back. For mine if we had over a 3.0 and met the DAT requirements we were guaranteed an interview and out of last years class something like 75% stay at our school and I think they said like 90% get into a professional school (mind you that means DO/MD/Dental/PA/Pharm/OT etc...)
They definitely aren't easy either!
Thanks for the info! If you don't mind, can I ask you what your academic situation was before you decided to take the dental post bac program?

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind, can I ask you what your academic situation was before you decided to take the dental post bac program?
3.1 overall, 2.9 science 20 AA/22 PAT/19 TS
Lots of good extracurriculars. Lots of shadowing

Reactions: 1 user
I just found out about this program and am interested in applying. Do you guys think it's worth trying now, or is it too late and I should just wait until then next cycle opens?

I believe the due date was April 1st.
Has anyone heard back about interviews?

I just found out about this program and am interested in applying. Do you guys think it's worth trying now, or is it too late and I should just wait until then next cycle opens?
yea april first was the cut off but you can apply and they will fit you into the next cycle. I believe spring, but double check cause i may be mistaken.

Hi everyone,

I started this forum for SFSU Dental Post Bac Program Admission 2014-2015. It's been this time of the year that we will be receiving news on interviews/acceptances/rejections in the next several weeks. I submitted my application in the mid-March and still have not yet heard anything. Is there anyone heard any news?

Thanks!

Hi! I received a phone call interview invite last night. I turned my application in 3/29/14.

Has anyone received their confirmation email for the interview? I haven't received it yet and spoke to someone in the general pb program and they said there have been some issues with the email confirmations.

For those that received a phone call, when are the interview dates?? Are the interviews in person? Still waiting for me but I submitted kind of late :/

For those that received a phone call, when are the interview dates?? Are the interviews in person? Still waiting for me but I submitted kind of late :/

I am not sure how many dates there are, but mine is this upcoming Friday. Yes, the interview will be in person. Did you apply by 4/1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I actually finished sending everything in exactly 4/1... terrible but i found out about it only two weeks before the deadline and that was one loong application. If you dont mind me asking, what are your stats/ what school are you from?? And did they only notify you by phone call?

Yes! I actually finished sending everything in exactly 4/1... terrible but i found out about it only two weeks before the deadline and that was one loong application. If you dont mind me asking, what are your stats/ what school are you from?? And did they only notify you by phone call?

I was told by the program coordinator that applications are evaluated on/after the deadline so you shouldn't worry too much. I actually turned mine in pretty close to the deadline as well (3/29). I would prefer to not share my stats, sorry, it's nothing personal. It's just too personal :p. Yes, they do call you and send you a confirmation email shortly after. Feel free to pm me if you need to. I'll try to help you to the best of my abilities. Good luck with everything!

I haven't heard anything back yet! Does anyone know who to contact? I want to make sure all my application material got there in time and maybe ask someone when I should hear back!

Also did anyone else apply to other schools. I just got my acceptance to Rutgers GSBS MBS program. What are your thought on the better choice, given if I get into SFSU's post bacc?

I haven't heard anything back yet! Does anyone know who to contact? I want to make sure all my application material got there in time and maybe ask someone when I should hear back!

Also did anyone else apply to other schools. I just got my acceptance to Rutgers GSBS MBS program. What are your thought on the better choice, given if I get into SFSU's post bacc?

Try contacting the program through the email listed in your submission confirmation email. I believe there are two emails provided, one for questions of the program and one to check if your materials made it to the school.

i know there are interviews for the 25th of April and the 10th of may for sure

For those that interviewed first round... How was it? :) any good news yet?

Do they accept out of state students, or are they mainly accepting Cali residents?

Hey @Kirsten Acosta ! I have not done either. I'm trying to stay positive and patient during these next 2 weeks. Remember, Jasmine said it would take 2-3 weeks after the interview to hear from them. Wish you the best :)

Has anyone received an invite for May 10th?

I'll be at SFSU on May 10th for the interview. I'm from Maryland and do not know the area is anyone in the same situation

I'll be at SFSU on May 10th for the interview. I'm from Maryland and do not know the area is anyone in the same situation
Hi there! If you have a smartphone, I suggest you download the 511 transit app. Transportation is crazy in SF! It definitely made my trip easier. Good luck this weekend!

Hi there! If you have a smartphone, I suggest you download the 511 transit app. Transportation is crazy in SF! It definitely made my trip easier. Good luck this weekend!
Thank you for the advice

Does anyone know how full their class is yet?

For those who interviewed on the 10th, how many people were there and when did they say they will notify you?

There was about 13-15 of us and they will notify us next week sometime

How many people are in the program total?

I think they pick 15-18 but they had other people interview in April

I received an 'Application Received' email on Friday.. did anyone else?

Has anyone contacted SFSU for either formal/dental to see what the status is?

Hi everyone, I called monday to find out the status. Jasmine said we should be hearing about the interview results some time this week. Did anyone hear back I'm so nervous now !!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Dt2 thanks for replying. Were u in the first interview or second? Did u call SFSU to find out?

Hi Dt2 thanks for replying. Were u in the first interview or second? Did u call SFSU to find out?
No I did not call. I interviewed with the second group and at the end of our interviews they told us that we should hear back this week

Does anyone know the difference between SFSU postbac dental or UCSF? Which is better