SFSU DENTAL POST BAC 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I noticed there was no thread for the SFSU 2015-2016 dental post bac. Lets start a thread for this!:) I am also applied to the UCSF dental post bac. Anyone else out there also applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you already hear back? I applied to the formal post Bacc for SFSU, but haven't heard back. Did you interview already?

@elismcdreamy hi! I haven't heard back yet. I applied pretty late since I found out about it pretty late but I really really want to get in. I emailed them today about what the time frame is for finding out about interviews/ rejections, so hopefully they reply. If they let me know anything ill let you know. I received a rejection yesterday for the UCSF program :( :bigtears: Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
@missdentist Hey! Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, but you'll end up in a program that is right for you- i promise! thanks for letting me know. SFSU told me they would be making decisions in the "next couple weeks"

I will be contacting them today, so I'll let you know as well! I have some friends that interviewed already and they said that there is only one more round of interviews next week. Hmmmm!?

@elismcdreamy Hi!!, I am also applied to SFSU 2015-2016 Formal post bac program.
Just got an email that My professors need to submit their Recommendation Letters. Sigh.. they cant not proceed until they got em.

how many of your friends got an interview?

Has anyone heard back about a interview yet?

@IMOimsuper thank you! either way i'm beyond nervous :eek:. and don't worry, I'm hoping everything works out for all of us. *fingers crossed*

@missdentist I applied as well. I called them last week and said to keep an eye on my email. I'm assuming your invitation is for the specific dental post bacc and not the formal post bacc.

Members don't see this ad :)
@PT-dental yes its for the dental post bac, is yours for the dental one too? I would definitely keep an eye out, they're really good at answering back as far as questions or concerns. I definitely had to wait though as far as the interview status and that was really stressful.

@missdentist the stress is pretty bad. yea i applied to dental one. I emailed them today to see what they will say. I wonder if they already had other rounds of interview.

I'll be interviewing as well for the dental PB. Does anyone know if it's a group interview or one on one?

@dent_00 nice! Congrats! From what I've read in past threads, i think two people interview each person individually.

If you have questions about the area, let me know. I am familiar with SF

I got an interview as well for the 28th of may.... :)

@klj123 Congrats!
Did you apply to Dental PB? or Formal PB? When did you get a notification ? either by e-mail or phone?

Does anyone applied to Formal PB for AET?

Good luck to those of you interviewing tomorrow. Hope it goes well!

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard back at all. So nervous I can't sleep. :scared:

Has anyone contacted the program in regards to what the time frame for decisions is? Not sure if it is premature to do so at this point or not.

I applied two month ago.. and haven't got any e-mails from them :(.. what is happening? Did they shut down the program or something?

Hey guys, I interviewed and haven't heard back either

The program will be contacting people in the next few weeks. They haven't made any decisions yet.

So im assuming that all of you already had an interview? i applied late and have not heard back about an interview for fall 2015. with classes starting the last week of august, it pretty much looks like its over for me.

So im assuming that all of you already had an interview? i applied late and have not heard back about an interview for fall 2015. with classes starting the last week of august, it pretty much looks like its over for me.
I wouldn't say that, I think all the people that have responded on this thread interviewed for the dental post-bacc, which has a seperate process from the formal post-bacc. Regardless, they did email us saying that there is some changes being made and everything is being delayed so this may apply to the formal post-bacc as well. This is my assumption, but I would contact them if I was you to make sure.

I wouldn't say that, I think all the people that have responded on this thread interviewed for the dental post-bacc, which has a seperate process from the formal post-bacc. Regardless, they did email us saying that there is some changes being made and everything is being delayed so this may apply to the formal post-bacc as well. This is my assumption, but I would contact them if I was you to make sure.
yeah i spoke to someone in the office who told me that things were being delayed and the process would get going in July. That just seems a little late if classes start in late August for people to find a place and settle in. but who knows.

apparently they are going to email people this week and next week about their applications. soooo yeah, but at this point I'm not betting on it since the semester starts on Aug 24th

So the work week ended, I havn't heard anything. Has anyone else?

It's been 2 months now and still no decision. Hopefully they get back to us by the end of this week.

Rumor has it that they're not taking any students for the fall semester. Regardless of whether you've interviewed or not...

Rumor has it that they're not taking any students for the fall semester. Regardless of whether you've interviewed or not...

Are you talking about the dental post bac or the formal post bac? Where did you hear this?
If this is true, they basically stole the money people payed to apply.

That's what it seems like, I contacted the program. You might want to call and confirm yourself.

the dental post bac one never responds to my calls and I've left messages. This is ridiculous.

Call Dr. Rothman or Dean Ramirez