sGPA 3.44, cGPA 3.69, MCAT on 5/30

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LXMO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am just wondering if I need to start considering DO options after this semester. As of last semester, my stats were 3.57sGPA, and my cGPA was 3.76. I made my first C this semester (biochem), bringing my sGPA down to a 3.44. I am taking my MCAT on the 30th and aiming for a 32, but we will see. I was planning to apply extensively in the South to MD schools with a few schools in the north. How will med schools view this recent decline in my sGPA? I have 100+ shadowing hours in 3 fields, an international medical study abroad experience and work as an ED scribe 20-30 hours/week. Other experiences include medical and non-medical volunteering, Alpha Epsilon Delta and other honors societies and various minor leadership positions on campus. I have read various threads saying one C is not the end of the world, but since it affected my GPA recently, I am just wondering how this will be perceived. I am a non-science major, which is why my non-science GPA is higher. I also read that this difference in GPA may look bad to an adcom? Any thoughts? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.