SGR and Therapy Cap Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engmedpt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 2 users
Just 2 clicks and you have sent your legislators a personal email. Every bit counts.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^^Just as a note, following that link and submitting the form ended up having it sent to the Representative from my district, as well as one of my state senators (assuming it came up with this based on zip code). Really it needs to go to both senators, so take the time to do that if you haven't.

Done :)

Thank you for posting this.

Other bill for better DPT direct access being heard in Senate now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Done! Let's make this happen! Literally took me less than 5 minutes to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deadline is next Monday for a timeframe for people

National Issue

Last edited:
They just voted. Repeal failed with a vote of 58 yes and 48 no. 60 needed to pass. Therapy cap exceptions process extended to 2017.

Boo.

Last edited:
Students about to start. The next round comes in year 2. Educate your classmates. Student lobbying and letters can help. The resources are there.

Check it.

Attachments

• 11140094_10155462061065504_8473264652019468420_n.jpg
    11140094_10155462061065504_8473264652019468420_n.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 56
This is a fine example of voting by party and the bipartisanship issue. Look at the letters next to their names. I commend those who were brave enough to vote on the other side, even Sen Manchin...

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, one democrat against. Gotta toe that party line even more religiously when your party is in the minority I guess...

just shy of enough republican support to pass...

Rubio: Boy Genius. Great way to kickstart your campaign for president by abandoning elderly and disabled floridians.

Reactions: 2 users
Rubio: Boy Genius. Great way to kickstart your campaign for president by abandoning elderly and disabled floridians.

No doubt, though I imagine this will go pretty much totally unnoticed by the news media, who has already made up their minds about who's gonna be the next president anyway.

Maybe all those elderly floridians will get up in arms??

THIS

And that's just Florida's person. Mosey on over to Texas as well....

This sheds some light on ethics.

No doubt, though I imagine this will go pretty much totally unnoticed by the news media, who has already made up their minds about who's gonna be the next president anyway.

Who could you possibly be referring to? :thinking:

And these are the demographic that will need us (after getting through school) the most. There's a reason "neuro" hours has become a significant portion and requirement of some programs

This is a small victory, but we shouldn't be too excited. Third-party payers are the problem. They control costs, reimbursements, and ultimately treatment. We should be advocating for a consumer-based health care system.

^I heard the third parties are more on board with getting a PT screening over a superfluous reference though.

Your argument is a movement to cash based transactions right? Essentially, just out of pocket?

SGR was removed so cuts for reimbursement from medicare that were projected at 21% are no longer an issue. For a nice take on the story, enjoy this clip from The Daily Show:

In reference to the slow speed of the post?
In reference to the other issues not addressed discussed in allo?
In reference to the hilarious video itself?

Ill assume slow speed and go with that.

In reference to the slow speed of the post?
In reference to the other issues not addressed discussed in allo?
In reference to the hilarious video itself?
Just in reference to the speed of the post. SGR repeal was signed a while ago.