SGU for August 2015 admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Stark

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a senior.

I majored in Biochemistry, Biology, and Chemistry. And I minored in Health Science Society and Policy. I have 3.34 gpa. and a 3.27 science gpa. I got a 24 on the MCAT. I have been volunteering at a hospital for 3 years and I have research experience for a year.
What are my chances of getting into SGU?

Members don't see this ad.

Got a pulse and willing to pay them 100's of thousands of dollars? You're in.

I would strongly recommend at least attempting to get into a DO school. Your stats are acceptable enough to at least get into some of the lower tier ones. Caribbean is a horrible choice.

Reactions: 1 users
. What do you mean "got a pulse" ? I'll try for a DO school, but I just want to know if I got a chance to be accepted at SGU. (You always need a back-up in my opinion)

Members don't see this ad :)
. What do you mean "got a pulse" ? I'll try for a DO school, but I just want to know if I got a chance to be accepted at SGU. (You always need a back-up in my opinion)
Lol, I'm an idiot...I just realized what you meant by "got a pulse" . HAHA.

A pre med who has no idea what he's talking about. SGU might have an issue with the 24 MCAT. There now excepting students with a 26 and above. You have a better shot at ROSS.

A pre med who has no idea what he's talking about. SGU might have an issue with the 24 MCAT. There now excepting students with a 26 and above. You have a better shot at ROSS.

A 26 on the MCAT would give your consideration at a few DO schools. Retaking the MCAT and applying to a US school is the way to go

Reactions: 1 user
Being involved since 2006 with Caribbean Med Schools, things are in a state of downward spiral. Try all means possible to attend US MD/DO schools. The reason is, as of this time all Caribbean schools no matter which ones issues are going to be last man out. With the large increases in US MD/DO schools and class sizes and very small increase in #s of residencies, it is just a matter of time and decreasing positions for residency training for ALL out of US graduates to not be able to find post graduate positions. Just my observations.

Reactions: 1 user
You're in. I had a lower AMCAS GPA before grade replacement for AACOMAS and a 30 MCAT and got offered an interview and was accepted in a very short amount of time.

That being said, don't do it. I gave up my seat for August '15 in favor of a U.S. program.

why are people talking bad about sgu? most of their students obtain residency in the US. I personally know many people.

The attending Physician I scribe for here in Arizona (large well respected healthcare employer) is an SGU grad. He mentioned the high cost but not much else regarding the med program.