SGU January 2015 Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrReece

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to SGU for their January 2015 class.

I have decided to make moves to the Caribbean :nod:
Wanted to get a thread going on SDN since I don't use Facebook.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently accepted to SGU for their January 2015 class.

I have decided to make moves to the Caribbean :nod:
Wanted to get a thread going on SDN since I don't use Facebook.

Congrats. Enjoy the dry season while you can!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations DrReece. I also got accepted to the January 2015 class. I made a facebook group, if you'd like join it and hopefully more will follow suit, this way we can try and help each other before getting to the Caribbean. I never had facebook either but I figured since I will be going out of the states, facebook can help me connect with the people I know, so I recently created one.

Search SGU January 2015 or click below
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1463604593914496/

Congratulations DrReece. I also got accepted to the January 2015 class. I made a facebook group, if you'd like join it and hopefully more will follow suit, this way we can try and help each other before getting to the Caribbean. I never had facebook either but I figured since I will be going out of the states, facebook can help me connect with the people I know, so I recently created one.

Sounds good my friend. I just sent a request.

Thanks Ben. What do you mean by "dry season"

Grenada has two seasons, the wet season and the dry season. It is cooler and less humid in the dry season, which runs from about December to May. It still rains a lot in the dry season, but the weather is much more pleasant. During the rainy season, it can become fairly oppressive.

Grenada has two seasons, the wet season and the dry season. It is cooler and less humid in the dry season, which runs from about December to May. It still rains a lot in the dry season, but the weather is much more pleasant. During the rainy season, it can become fairly oppressive.

Ohh, I see.

Thanks for that bit of information. Seems like the climate is similar to South Florida. TROPICAL! Very cool.

Excited to experience life in Grenada.

Greetings everyone,
I am currently in the process of applying to SGU August 2015 class. I am a bit nervous about my application. Everything is solid except for my MCAT. I am retaking it October 25th. My current AAMC avg is a 24 and my gpa is 3.3. I was wondering if I have any shot of making direct MD or Academic Enhancement Program. I am sorry for posting this on here and would really appreciate your input. Thanks

Greetings everyone,
I am currently in the process of applying to SGU August 2015 class. I am a bit nervous about my application. Everything is solid except for my MCAT. I am retaking it October 25th. My current AAMC avg is a 24 and my gpa is 3.3. I was wondering if I have any shot of making direct MD or Academic Enhancement Program. I am sorry for posting this on here and would really appreciate your input. Thanks

Reasonably good chance at direct admission, very good chance for AEP admission assuming your interview goes well. AEP doesn't really add much work, you just have a few mandatory meetings with your advisor (which you should be doing anyway) and a few review sessions throughout Term 1. I think if you meet a target GPA in Term 1 you don't have to do anything else. Continue to study and try to do your best on the MCAT, it will only help you in the long run. If you can land in the 26ish range, consider applying to some USDO programs, as your chances at residency placement will be significantly better than a Caribbean MD. I just recently finished up my time in Grenada at SGU so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone. I hope the admissions process is going well for you all. I was just accepted to the SGU August 2015 class, but I still have open applications for US MD/DO programs. I want to follow through with these applications, but also still secure my spot at SGU for now. Does anybody know if the acceptance deposit is a binding transaction to their program?

I believe the deposit is simply to "hold your seat" for that particular class. However it is NOT refundable. Good look with everything.

Hey,
I have interview after 2 week.

Can please tell me about interview questions? How was your experience?

Hey,
I have interview after 2 week.

Can please tell me about interview questions? How was your experience?

I know this is very, late but incase anyone else was wondering what the interview was like here it goes:

I had my interview early this month and I was recently accepted to the January 2015 semester. The questions were very similar to any other med school interview ( why doctor, why Sgu, how did you find out about Sgu, what other schools are you applying to, ethics, how can you contribute to med field.... Yada yada) very straight foward, nothing that will throw you off gaurd. Also, be prepared to talk about everything on your application, personal statement and CV. There is also a short essay in the first 15min of the interview. A paragraph or two is enough. Don't sweat it. The questions are:

1.Describe a defining moment in your adult life.

2.Describe three characteristics which will help you in the pursuit of a career as a physician.

3.Write about a person who has influenced you.

Hope this helps anyone applying for the August 2015 semester. It may change later.

Also, in my experience, it takes a little while to hear back from them after the interview. If you get accepted to another school in the meantime, you should let your admission coordinator know. That usually gets the process moving quicker.

Reactions: 1 user