**** Med Students Say

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doit4themunki

a;ldsfjk
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go.

Video coming soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Accusing everyone of being a gunner, and then being a gunner.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Yeah, I was really into Plastic Surgery first year, but I'm totally feeling Family Medicine now."

"Yeah, I was really into Plastic Surgery first year, but I'm totally feeling Family Medicine now."

lol

BTW lossforwords, where did allstudents go?!?!? I miss the water cooler!! Why did all students have to die? :( Now all the non-relevant troll threads go to the lounge....and swiftly die.

My contribution:

"don't worry about it, you guys are being neurotic gunners and studying in too much detail"

goes home and highlights the entire chapter, using rainbow puke color schemas. writes a summary as long as the chapter. memorizes it all.

Vital signs stable and within normal limits.

"Im going to fail this exam, I didnt study" after the person looks extremely sleep deprived and you saw them studying all week. Gets exam back..... gets honors

"I don't even care anymore."

"I can't wait to sleep in."

Semi-related...I'd love to see a compilation of most common/dumbest things said in oral presentations or making differentials.

Says "grades don't matter first two years" and then proceeds to study 24/7 to get an A

Members don't see this ad :)
"You only got 98.6% in the class? Well I got 99.2%."

Yikes!

"Im going to fail this exam, I didnt study" after the person looks extremely sleep deprived and you saw them studying all week. Gets exam back..... gets honors

I don't understand why people feel the need to lie about studying, I mean, who are they trying to impress? Almost all med students are nerds anyways so who cares if people know you study? "That kid actually is trying to be successful? Lets kick his ass" :laugh:

I don't understand why people feel the need to lie about studying, I mean, who are they trying to impress? Almost all med students are nerds anyways so who cares if people know you study? "That kid actually is trying to be successful? Lets kick his ass" :laugh:

Some people want it to seem like medical school comes easy. Maybe for intimidation purposes?

Others don't want to freak their friends out who have not studied as much.

I actually see a lot more of the opposite. "Yeah, I studied for like 93 hours for this, been doing two all nighters a week"

*studies for 3 weeks 24/7*
"I totally didn't study for that test"
"I didn't study enough at all"
"I don't know anything about this"

*Gets honors on exam*
"I have no idea how I got that"
"I'm emailing the professor about my grade"

basically any hyperbole about how someone is going to fail or didn't study enough after studying more than enough

I actually see a lot more of the opposite. "Yeah, I studied for like 93 hours for this, been doing two all nighters a week"

So do I... I feel like in college, people would brag about how little they studied, but in med school they brag about how much they studied.

In little girls excited voice. "OMG, you're going to let me put in a foley?!?!"

So do I... I feel like in college, people would brag about how little they studied, but in med school they brag about how much they studied.

Interesting. I wish people were more open, i mean im not going to judge someone who works hard. I will however look down on someone who thinks they are "too cool" to admit how much they study. As someone said, we are all somewhat nerds to have gotten into med school lol

:cool:

*blushes* "My resident told me 'strong work' today!":love:

"I can't come up with any funny ideas on my own. SDN, please help me!"

I see both. It irks the crap out of me when people are so worried about what others think of their studying habits

"Dude, I heard this class was high-yield for Step 1."

Yup. I never had any need for an account here before, but you were straight asking for it and nobody had said it yet.

The investment of 25 seconds was wayyyy worth it.

And yes. Snark. Deal with it. Whether by laughing at me to save face, crying into your pillow tonight, whatevs dude. The truth hurts any way it's delivered, snarky or otherwise. kthxbai

i say i didn't study just to troll the gunners and overachievers. you should see the look of hatred on their faces when i pretend i've only "glanced" at the slides. maximumtrolling.gif

i hate when people ask you how you got a higher score than them on an exam
"i'm smarter than you or a harder worker than you. probably both."

i just go with "i got lucky reading the right material"

"This is going to be huge on the boards."

"Medical school is soooo hard," it's hard to talk to people about how difficult life is right now," "man, I should have just been a ______" and all other self-righteous blabber from people who have never had a full-time job or had to support themselves in any way.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh0WmLcf5Ug[/YOUTUBE]

**** Medical Students Say

that's the video I found. It's pretty funny... and true

I don't know. I think these med students are overdoing these **** ____ say videos.
It never gets as bad at my school. Hell, I don't remember the last time anyone asks if something is on the test or talks about tests after an exam. Well, maybe our class is just not normal haha.

The whole, let's discuss every question on the test thing has always been super annoying to me- yea it was hard, what's done is done, it's too late now, let's be solution oriented :/

The whole, let's discuss every question on the test thing has always been super annoying to me- yea it was hard, what's done is done, it's too late now, let's be solution oriented :/

Yeah, I can't stand that. I don't talk to my classmates for at least 8 hours after a test because all they want to do is discuss why question 37's answer was B and not D. Then they get upset because they got like 3 questions wrong.:bang: Move on already! Test is done!

lol

BTW lossforwords, where did allstudents go?!?!? I miss the water cooler!! Why did all students have to die? :( Now all the non-relevant troll threads go to the lounge....and swiftly die.

My contribution:

"don't worry about it, you guys are being neurotic gunners and studying in too much detail"

goes home and highlights the entire chapter, using rainbow puke color schemas. writes a summary as long as the chapter. memorizes it all.

I used puke-rainbow and memorised everything!
I pretty much forgot it all by now.

Some people want it to seem like medical school comes easy. Maybe for intimidation purposes?

Others don't want to freak their friends out who have not studied as much.

I always called these types on their crap. Every weeknight, I kept asking them to go for drinks later, since they "didn't need to study" anyway (the bars in Ottawa are a good distance from the campus, which meant even more time away from the books). After they politely declined, I went home and hit the books, like they did. Everybody should call them on their crap.

I always called these types on their crap. Every weeknight, I kept asking them to go for drinks later, since they "didn't need to study" anyway (the bars in Ottawa are a good distance from the campus, which meant even more time away from the books). After they politely declined, I went home and hit the books, like they did. Everybody should call them on their crap.

I didn't realize this was true until 2nd semester.

The easiest way to spot them is how much they talk about NOT studying. If they constantly talk about how they are not studying/gunning, then they are the worst offenders. I don't mind people working hard, it's the people that are disingenuous that are annoying.

"Listen carefully, this is board stuff."