**** Med Students Say

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, a girl in my class in second year talked about how an ex of hers kept on complaining about the difficulty of grad school. She then said "It's nowhere near as difficult as med school. The only people I have as much respect for as med students are law students."

Ridiculous. School is school is school. It's just not life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, a girl in my class in second year talked about how an ex of hers kept on complaining about the difficulty of grad school. She then said "It's nowhere near as difficult as med school. The only people I have as much respect for as med students are law students."

Ridiculous. School is school is school. It's just not life.

Personally, I would think grad school, especially in a thesis-based program would probably kill me. I did great in med school, but research? Ugh!
And law school? I'd rather wait for the ambulance in the E.D. than chase it.

Some people want it to seem like medical school comes easy. Maybe for intimidation purposes?

Others don't want to freak their friends out who have not studied as much.

Yes, this is one of the paradoxical and ironic things about med school..

There is always a least one unconscientious knuckle head bragging about how easy it is!!

[I usually try to avoid those guys like the plague.]

Personally, I would think grad school, especially in a thesis-based program would probably kill me. I did great in med school, but research? Ugh!
And law school? I'd rather wait for the ambulance in the E.D. than chase it.

Yeah. The first two years of medical school are memorizing packets of information and spitting it out. Third year is the same plus trying to look like you know what you're doing and kissing ass. Fourth year is the same minus kissing ass plus ennui plus taking off all the time plus acting like a smug know-it-all in front of the third years.