Shadowing a physician (finding email)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Racer543

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't know any doctors and am interested in shadowing one. I plan on emailing doctors around my area but can't find their emails!! How can I find their emails?? I need help ASAP!!! What should I do??

Members don't see this ad.

visit the hospital/office in person and ask

Reactions: 1 user
Check the hospital's research website... if they've published something then their email should be on there. That's how I did it. Just make sure to mention in the email where you found it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Save yourself a ton of time. Walk in to places and ask. It is far more efficient.

Reactions: 1 users
If there's a hospital near you, the website might give emails (though many don't). Otherwise, if you have a medical school near you, look for the faculty directory - it should have all the emails of all the doctors that work with the med school, along with title and department. And those docs might be more amenable to taking a student shadow (seeing as they care about medical education).

call their private practices if they have one, saves more time than walking into offices, and thats how I got my optho shadowing

Hey guys. I don't know any doctors and am interested in shadowing one. I plan on emailing doctors around my area but can't find their emails!! How can I find their emails?? I need help ASAP!!! What should I do??
Telephone their practice and explain your purpose (i.e., you want to ask the physician for a shadowing opportunity - some physicians may welcome shadowing, and others may not allow any shadowing). If you receive an affirmative response to this query, you can ask for the physician's contact information (e.g., email address) or provide the office with your contact information so that someone from the office (or the physician) can contact you. Most offices are accustomed to receiving shadowing requests by telephone; and they should be able to provide you with some type of response (or will follow-up with the physician to obtain a response to your query).

Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user