Shadowing and Internship in Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oneofmanyphams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm almost finished my sophomore year of college, a pre-dental student and looking for internship or shadowing opportunities around Minnesota this summer. I haven't done any yet, and so, I'm pretty new to this. I don't have many people to go to for advice about this because no one in my circle of friends/family have careers in the health field. I've tried looking for opportunities around the cities, but I'm having a hard time.

Any advice/suggestions on where to go and what to expect?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Actually go IN to the office, be really nice, and ask if you could possibly set up a meeting to talk to the dentist about shadowing him/her. Leave a copy of your resume.

Pardon my reopening of this thread 3 years later, but I was curious as to if you found any receptive dentists. I'm also a pre-dent looking for shadowing opportunities in MN this summer so this thread seemed really relevant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pardon my reopening of this thread 3 years later, but I was curious as to if you found any receptive dentists. I'm also a pre-dent looking for shadowing opportunities in MN this summer so this thread seemed really relevant.
OP was last seen in 2014 on this site, so I wouldn't expect him to answer, but if I were you, I would Google dental offices near me and just walk in and ask them or call them if you wish. I'm pretty sure you'll find a dentist that is willing to give you the opportunity really quick.

Reactions: 2 users
OP was last seen in 2014 on this site, so I wouldn't expect him to answer, but if I were you, I would Google dental offices near me and just walk in and ask them or call them if you wish. I'm pretty sure you'll find a dentist that is willing to give you the opportunity really quick.
Thanks! I honestly didn't expect a reply from OP, but thought it was worth a shot since he/she might have found a specific office that may have been receptive.