Shadowing in Other Docs or Extracurricular Activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgalt42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is it better to put your clinical shadowing experiences in extracurricular activities or the other documents section of AACOMAS? The way I have written it out has been a list and a brief summary of each experience.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Is it better to put your clinical shadowing experiences in extracurricular activities or the other documents section of AACOMAS? The way I have written it out has been a list and a brief summary of each experience.

Thanks!

I made a heading called "Shadowing" under ECs and listed my experiences in shadowing. I.E.

Title: Shadowing
Avg Weekly Hours: ##
Duration: 2004-2012

Description:
Spent approximately 300 hours shadowing in primary care, endocrinology, pulmonology, emergency medicine, and other various fields. These experiences took place in traditional healthcare settings, third world countries on remote medical missions, and medical missions within the United States. Dr. X Y, a family medicine osteopathic physician, was particularly helpful in my clinical experiences allowing me to complete 190 of these 300 hours under his guidance.

That's all you need to say. Name drop anyone that was particular helpful but be concise on the rest of it. They don't care that you saw four patients with advance Type 1 Diabetes and six patients in the ER with bronchitis (omit mundane details).