Shadowing Visit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gjoseph

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I went to a local Audiologist that I shadowed it was AMAZING!! At 9am we saw the first patient I got to see the otoscope in action, water tests, goggle tests, etc. Then we had lunch and after a second patient came who had a cochlear implant....she was so sweet, and regained the mechanical part of hearing in such short time. What really touched me today was the second patient who had lost hope of hearing but today she almost cried and was so appreciative of gaining what a-lot of people take for granted the gift of hearing. Seeing this practice which is one of the best in Florida due to two great otologists and an excellent audiology staff. I'm so appreciative of today's experience, I really did enjoy and saw how much of a difference I can make in others lives. Once I'm return to school in the fall hopefully I can find an audiologist at an ENT practice to shadow for awhile. For once I feel like im stepping towards the right direction with choosing a future career :).

Members don't see this ad.