Shadowing, what to wear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bendyzebra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start shadowing a neurologist vet tomorrow in a veterinary hospital. I asked what would be appropriate to wear and if I should wear scrubs, the reply was they weren't picky on what I wore as long as I looked professional. So, the question is. Do I wear scrubs or a business outfit?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say business/dress-clothes but bring scrubs in case they ask if you'd like to be more involved as the day progresses.

Slacks/khakis, closed-toe non- tennis shoes, and a nice shirt would be a safe bet. Just bring a pair of scrubs in case you get to tag along for surgery and/or the environment seems more appropriate for scrubs.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're worried about how expensive business clothes can be, I highly recommend consignment shops! I have an internship at OSU this month and was asked to bring business clothes for patient intakes. I went shopping at four different consignment shops today and purchased: 3 nice pairs of slacks (2 were Gap brand, 1 Banana Republic!), a black/white cardigan, a few different long sleeved dressy black shirts, a few solid dressy tanks for under the cardigan, almost brand new black flats, and a belt for ~$65.