Shark WWeek Signups and GAME thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm honestly happy to lynch either of them. I feel like Cyndia is a sure bet but I guess we can always leave that until later.

******lynch STL******

Members don't see this ad.

All I see that you posted is the vague one about Cyndia needing to be killed a certain number of times. Thing is, the info I got from someone else included a specific number.
Does that mean it's true that cyndia needs to be lynched repeatedly, then? Can we lynch her this round or was the "something different" about cyndia not referring to her now being lynchable? If she can't be, then I'll change my vote to STL.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering the same thing.
I'm willing to bet that it might be. Although LIS made it seem like he knows the exact number of lynches needed to off Cyndia and instead he's going after Willow.

Meh. Unlynch STL, lynch Cyndia.

You are a tad off your game, if you know the number of times, isn't it safer to crack away at that rather than go after other people that may be villagers? Think of it, isn't it better to take down an alpha wolf this turn and look into me next then to leave a wolf and go after a possible villager? Your logic isn't sound with me

Might be safer to crack away at it, but I was dubious about the number to begin with. In particular, because it already appeared to have been surpassed. But the source of the number is dead now, and died a villager, so ... something else is going on.

In any case, that's not my point. The info you allegedly intercepted should have had that number in it, but you say you just got some vague message about Cyndia needing to be killed a few times. That means either you or kaydubs are not telling the truth.

As far as I'm concerned, we can lynch Cyndia again. I don't really care. But if it doesn't work, that's yet another lynch wasted when we could be going after the rest of the wolves. I'd rather dig out the rest of them and then deal with Cyndia rather than waste lynch after lynch.

If we were less sure there ARE other wolves ... ok, fine. But we've only killed one. I doubt there are only 2 wolves in the game.

Might be safer to crack away at it, but I was dubious about the number to begin with. In particular, because it already appeared to have been surpassed. But the source of the number is dead now, and died a villager, so ... something else is going on.

In any case, that's not my point. The info you allegedly intercepted should have had that number in it, but you say you just got some vague message about Cyndia needing to be killed a few times. That means either you or kaydubs are not telling the truth.
Weird if it's already been surpassed. In that case, I'm fine lynching stl and then come back to cyndia later.

Unlynch cyndia, lynch stl.

Members don't see this ad :)

If it's already been surpassed that's definitely a red flag.

Waffle fest, ahoy! Unlynch Cyndia, lynch STL.

Since the number is out, I think I should just spell this out to be clear.

Kaydubs' role is known, so there's no harm in talking about it. And Lupin is dead, so.....

Kaydubs checked into Cyndia and found out Cyndia could avoid death 3 times. Unless I'm miscounting, we've lynched Cyndia 3 times, and Lupin tried to assassinate her once. Lupin's message from the mods sounded like it just plain failed (rather than Lupin being blocked). So that would be 4 total death avoidances.

I can't explain that discrepancy. Perhaps the mods aren't counting Lupin's assassination. Perhaps Lupin was actually blocked, even though the message didn't sound that way. Perhaps the mods meant Cyndia needed to be killed 3 *more* times (maybe - I can't remember when she looked into Cyndia; I don't think Lupin told me). In any case, it's weird, and I don't know what's going on.

But I do know that the message to kaydubs contained a very specific number. Either STL intercepted another message or STL wasn't being truthful. If it were the former, I would think the actual recipient of the message would find a way to get word out that STL could indeed have intercepted a vague message without the specific number. That hasn't happened. Therefore ... seems most likely STL is lying.

I'm definitely preoccupied with rotations, so maybe I'm not thinking through this clearly.

If STL goes down a shark, then ... I don't know what to think. *shrug*

BTW, I have to say, I'm really dubious they created a role that can escape death 4 times. That just seems weird. I kinda suspect/hope there's some other mechanic going on here.

BTW, I have to say, I'm really dubious they created a role that can escape death 4 times. That just seems weird. I kinda suspect/hope there's some other mechanic going on here.
well, 4 does sound like death in a few of the eastern languages and you were the one that brought up the Japanese fisherman....

*note to players - this is me messing around, there is no strategy to be found

I'm actually going to go ahead and lynch Cyndia.

My bet is that Cyndia was somehow protected by another wolf last or an item the night prior, because the 3 time lynch avoidance matches with the only bit of info I have. A wolf can't protect her from a lynch, so I'm all in on killing her.

My bet is that Cyndia was somehow protected by another wolf last or an item the night prior, because the 3 time lynch avoidance matches with the only bit of info I have. A wolf can't protect her from a lynch, so I'm all in on killing her.
*by another wolf or an item on the night prior to last night

That makes sense. I thought LIS meant we'd already lynched her enough times according to his info. If it was a night kill attempt, it could very well be protection or blocking or something. Worth another try anyway.

Waffle time. Unlynch stl, lynch cyndia.
*by another wolf or an item on the night prior to last night
That's an impressive typo. ;)

I am telling you that you better go with the safe bet of cyndia rather than do me this round. When I am proven a villager go take out cyndia than WL than fs (or at least investigate them). That's my advice to you guys, but yeah, don't think this is getting turned around anytime soon. If cyndia doesn't die in this lynch I will lynch myself tomorrow quite honestly... And I will throw my entire role description on here as my last ditch effort hold on

I'm so sorry that you have to read my waffles, dyachei.

Per MJ's idea, unlynch STL, lynch Cyndia.

You are the frilledshark. you will get parts of pms/info from other players.

STL - is this an active role or a passive role.

DVMD - this is a passive role :).

You are the frilledshark. you will get parts of pms/info from other players.

STL - is this an active role or a passive role.

DVMD - this is a passive role :).
Why not say that earlier - that you get parts of PMs and not whole PMs? If you're telling the truth about intercepting the PM about Cyndia, that would explain why you only got part of the message.

Why not say that earlier - that you get parts of PMs and not whole PMs? If you're telling the truth about intercepting the PM about Cyndia, that would explain why you only got part of the message.
But the rest were whole pms, or at least it appears that the others were whole pms, so that's what I am confused about personally

Unlynch whoever, lynch willow

Swings revealed her role name to me on Saturday so unless theres two wobbegong sharks, willow's lying

I feel another wave of waffles coming on.

Unlynch Cyndia, lynch Willow.

wait.. I already know the answer to that! :=|:-):
Yes. That's why I was asking. There are multiple wobbegong species, so wondering if for some reason we have slightly different wobbegong roles. (I love that name for a shark, it makes me laugh whenever I type it.)

Guys, I'm not a wolf. If I was a wolf I'd have been much more active this game.

Gotta head to work. I already role revealed so there's not much more I can say. You're lynching a shark right now. :(

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1408407627.247901.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
3 cyndia (cyndia, MJ, hedgie)

8 willow ( swings, FFM, WZ, cocoa, BI, STL, FS, kayd)

2 STL (LIS, cuit)

1 swings (WL)