Shattered Dreams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godsfavor_1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking my DAT August 31st, and I have been doing exceptionally well on the DAT practice Exams. I have an Overall GPA of 2.73. I have a Chemistry, Math, and Physics GPA of 2.956, Biological Sciences GPA of 2.256. I was not able to do very well in my Undergrad Career due to a Medical Condition. I am now better, and plan on taking 2 courses at a home university. Should I go for upper level Undergrad courses such as Neurobiology or consider Graduate courses. In both cases I am applying as a non-matriculated student. I want to get into dental school by Fall 2016, I have plenty of shadowing hours and research experience. Please what are my chances, has anyone ever had a low gpa and found a way into dental school? I am looking for positive feedback as to what I can do.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is not the type of forum where you can declare that you are only interested in feedback that you want to hear. I have zero experience with dentistry but I can't imagine your GPA is going to leave many doors open for you. Hopefully somebody with experience will give you concrete advice- but know that Fall 2016 matriculation may not be realistic.

Since you would not allow me to reply to your PM, I'll say here that you have a lot of learning and maturing to do, if you think that giving realistic advice and "crushing dreams" are the same thing. That's not how the world works. I really do wish you the best in this process and I want you to succeed- but you will not succeed if you shut your ears to everything except what you want to hear. That applies to more than just your quest for dental school.

Proverbs 10:17 and Proverbs 28:23 may be helpful to remember.

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you would not allow me to reply to your PM, I'll say here that you have a lot of learning and maturing to do, if you think that giving realistic advice and "crushing dreams" are the same thing. That's not how the world works. I really do wish you the best in this process and I want you to succeed- but you will not succeed if you shut your ears to everything except what you want to hear. That applies to more than just your quest for dental school.

Proverbs 10:17 and Proverbs 28:23 may be helpful to remember.

Best of luck to you!

Greetings, have you seen the posts that you put on people's threads? If I were to take a snapshot of them, all of SDN would see how you are crushing dreams. Are you God to be the judge of my future. I gave you a little background about myself, you don't know me. Instead of Listing Bible Verses that you probably got from the internet, I will let you know that blasphemy against the holy spirit is a sin that is unforgivable. So 22301 Alum if you have nothing positive to say don't say anything at all. You can Repent now, and save yourself, because if I reposted all your posts on the threads here on SDN, you will be asking God for forgiveness, don't be a fool. Ask God for his Wisdom, study the word of God instead of Googling Bible Verses. God Bless.

@godsfavor_1 your GPA is low. Work on grade repair then apply. Not sure how dentistry works or if they take online degrees but you could always do buffet style university courses like WGU and if you are crazy smart you can do a whole lot of courses in a year. A 2016 app might not be likely and you do need to be open to hearing that. If you are however as smart as you believe you are, then you should take time, repair your grade and apply with a solid GPA to ensure you can get into a good program. Don't shut down people who give you real advice just because it is not what you want to hear. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it is needed. You will be a very weak applicant right now. Fix everything then apply when you have a stronger app