shelf or step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgok

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my school counts shelf as part of grade, and I find them rather hard.
My step 1 is scheduled in early June, and I was wondering how people usually deal with shelf exams right before step 1.

For micro shelf for instance, do people generally stick to FA/microcards/Q banks and take a bit of hit on the shelf? or are they sufficient to score well?

Members don't see this ad.

I have boards this upcoming week and my step is 3rd week in May so I feel you on the struggle.
Micro review board I took a while back but that is pretty much all I did was review first aid and the cards--> class prepped me pretty well for it

I won't be really studying for my boards this week but thats bc I only have 5 ish weeks til my exam lol I just hope step study will work for my path/ pharm/behavioral science board---> eek! lol

I think you'll be fine though you have a little more time to play with!

I have boards this upcoming week and my step is 3rd week in May so I feel you on the struggle.
Micro review board I took a while back but that is pretty much all I did was review first aid and the cards--> class prepped me pretty well for it

I won't be really studying for my boards this week but thats bc I only have 5 ish weeks til my exam lol I just hope step study will work for my path/ pharm/behavioral science board---> eek! lol

I think you'll be fine though you have a little more time to play with!

Yea, I'm going at a decent pace, but I don't want to get hung up too much on the shelf. But then again, it silently kills me if I ignore it completely!