Shenandoah MSAT/DPT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eforma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this thread has been started in the past, but very little responses have been made, so I'm giving this one last go, as I'm starting to receive information from the program re: interviews.

A few questions:

Anyone on this forum apply to this program, and have you heard back? When are the interviews?

Has anyone actually attended this program? Do you feel that you receive adequate instruction in both the PT and AT focused courses? Or does it seem rushed?

Overall, are students who have attended either the PT, AT, or dual-degree program happy?

Ultimately though, I just want some more information on the program, besides the curriculum posted on their website. Thanks for any help/feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe if you do the dual degree option it would make it 4 years for a DPT and MSAT. Will you use it???? Maybe?

I have an interview there in December, Im really nervous about this one, because This may be my first choice now. Tuition is not bad, location is not bad, now im just going to see the "fit" of the program.

It does make it four years, that much I've already figured out. The reason this program is so appealing to me is because the most rewarding experience I had in my time observing was at the sports medicine program, with ATs and PTs working together. While if I had to choose between either, as it's pretty clear, PT is my top pick, but AT has a strong draw for me. I'd love to have the flexibility in my further for both careers. Furthermore, I feel that even if I don't use the second degree, the additional schooling won't hurt.

Sadly I don't have a scheduled interview (PTCAS just mailed the PT app) but the AT program has already responded, saying they are waiting on my PT app to go through before they schedule an interview. So yeah. Either way...go us! :)