Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted to the Ashburn campus?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in Nov, but was told that my application will be reviewed again after I submit the updated courses I took in Fall 2013. I am not in the waitlist either. So what is my status? Anybody in this case before? thanks for your idea!

Received my acceptance email on Friday! Waiting on my official package which according to Stephanie it will be arriving in a couple weeks. Happy Holidays everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi you have good experience just nail the PCAT (85+) to offset your GPA and you should be alright in my opinion. That's what I did but my GPA was slightly higher and I didn't have a lot of Pharmacy experience.
whats ur stat?

I interviewed in Nov, but was told that my application will be reviewed again after I submit the updated courses I took in Fall 2013. I am not in the waitlist either. So what is my status? Anybody in this case before? thanks for your idea!

I think Stephanie said that they will pick the people has a high score in the interview...and will keep looking at your rest and fill the spot. I believed. When and what campus did you interview at?

Has anyone received acceptance package in the mail yet? I interviewed in nov, got the acceptance email, but still haven't received the actual acceptance package yet..I called stephanie and left voice msgs and sent e mails too but still no reply..Please let me know if any of you received the acceptance package or heard back from Stephanie regarding this...thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Has anyone received acceptance package in the mail yet? I interviewed in nov, got the acceptance email, but still haven't received the actual acceptance package yet..I called stephanie and left voice msgs and sent e mails too but still no reply..Please let me know if any of you received the acceptance package or heard back from Stephanie regarding this...thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I spoke to her last week and she said we would be getting them this week. If you called during the holidays Stephanie was out of the office the entire time until Monday or Tuesday last week.

Before this I got an email saying we should get them before the 1st of the year and an apology because they were updating forms.

I got an email Monday saying that the new acceptance forms are almost ready and they're getting ready to mail out the packages soon.

Has anyone been accepted to the Ashburn campus?
It takes them forever ... had an interview at Ashburn but havent received any decision , keep asking and keep waiting. It's better to have an interview at Winchester location

Do they send you a confirmation of receiving your application like some other schools?

Have anybody received their acceptance package from Shenandoah University yet... I'm so worried even though I'm not suppose to be worried.
I feel like I dont know the next step to take especially since I will be moving from another state to Virginia
Someone please talk to me!!!

Have anybody received their acceptance package from Shenandoah University yet... I'm so worried even though I'm not suppose to be worried.
I feel like I dont know the next step to take especially since I will be moving from another state to Virginia
Someone please talk to me!!!

Nope I haven't received mine either. I'm not too stressed over it. I did go ahead and fill out my Fafsa though. I'm moving from another state also.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope I haven't received mine either. I'm not too stressed over it. I did go ahead and fill out my Fafsa though. I'm moving from another state also.
Thanks Jasscript,
That really is a sigh of relieve, I thought I'm the only one who have not receive the package, I already sent in my acceptance fee so I'm gonna go ahead and fill out my fafsa.
Once again thanks... Do you already have plans for accommodation, have you started looking for one and what state are you moving from?

You're welcome!!!

I actually haven't sent in my acceptance fee. I guess I'll go ahead and contact Stephanie. I've joined the FB page and will be moving from OK. Where are you moving from?

You're welcome!!!

I actually haven't sent in my acceptance fee. I guess I'll go ahead and contact Stephanie. I've joined the FB page and will be moving from OK. Where are you moving from?

I will be moving from Ohio, I joined the FB group sometime last week. Its not much going on there tho. What are your plans for accommodation?

Last edited:
I will be moving from Ohio, I joined the FB group sometime last week. Its not much going on there tho. What are your plans for accommodation?

I've been looking at townhouses and apartments, and even renting a house. I'm not making any final decisions until I get there, since I'm not finding many cheaper options online. My boyfriend lives in Richmond, so I'll be crashing at his place for a few days. I also have a son, that will be moving with me so I'll probably be renting by myself. I'm moving at the end of July to give myself time to settle in.

I've been looking at townhouses and apartments, and even renting a house. I'm not making any final decisions until I get there, since I'm not finding many cheaper options online. My boyfriend lives in Richmond, so I'll be crashing at his place for a few days. I also have a son, that will be moving with me so I'll probably be renting by myself. I'm moving at the end of July to give myself time to settle in.
Good for you... I think thats what I'm gonna do at least for the first year and afterward maybe get a room mate.

Interviewing next wed, Im actually really shocked that I got an interview here. I am really excited though, Ashburn is like a dream city for me!

I got accepted here with lower stats than anyone else on this thread...so theres hope for you.

firsttimer313 would you mind submitting your stats, I did horrible on the PCAT and am worried they won't even take a look at me. Also what was your timeline including PHARMCAS submittion.

Not everyone is the same and different aspects of the application/admission process give each individual a certain edge. Knowing my stats will not help your chances of getting in, especially if your not confident, even if you have nothing to back that up with.

Last edited:
I feel I have a chance but with people always saying without a 90+ PCAT there is no chance it sticks with you then I see stats (no offense) like yours where it just shows numbers aren't everything and then I remember it's bout me. :joyful:

My stats are horrible, no offense taken, I'm deleting that thread out of embarrassment actually. But I didn't listen to anyone around me unless they had something useful for me in my journey. Regardless of anyones opinion I'm going to be a P1 student Fall 2014 and I'm the happiest guy in the world...

What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? and when did you apply?

Hey guys, I interviewed at the Winchester campus on January 20th and I still haven't heard one way or the other and the website says you will know within 2-3 weeks either way, but I haven't heard anything. There has been a lot of snow in the area recently I don't know if that has delayed the process. I was wondering how long it has taken you guys to find out if you were accepted or not. It's torture waiting haha. Thanks. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those interviewing.

I interviewed on the 7th, i received an email on the 21st saying that i was accepted to a school that participates in background checks and thats the only school i interviewed at so far.

Congrats, idk what to think, did I not get accepted or what. It's stressful. Your suppose to hear one way or the other so I guess it's good I haven't heard anything yet, which means I haven't been denied yet either. Which campus were u accepted to firsttimer313 if u don't mind me asking?

winchester but I'm thinking about asking about the ashburn campus.

Thanks for the encouragement; I am extremely nervous my stats were all above a 3.00 but; I am nervous about the fact I have two prerequisites to fulfill; and also my pcat was not stellar. Any tips for interview; I interview tomorrow at 3 pm..

Thanks,

winchester but I'm thinking about asking about the ashburn campus.

Thanks for the encouragement; I am extremely nervous my stats were all above a 3.00 but; I am nervous about the fact I have two prerequisites to fulfill; and also my pcat was not stellar. Any tips for interview; I interview tomorrow at 3 pm..

Thanks,
i pm you

Amazing school! Loved the staff and the campus up in Ashburn.

Reactions: 1 user
It takes them forever ... had an interview at Ashburn but havent received any decision , keep asking and keep waiting. It's better to have an interview at Winchester location
how long was the wait for you?

I have an interview at Winchester this upcoming Saturday . I'm extremely nervous bc it's a ~30 interview I want to do my best. Flying tomorrow from CA to VA is not helping my stress level either. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Questions that was asked on your interview.

Would you mind sharing why you choose Shenandoah pharmacy school?

Any advice would help. Thanks

Hi everyone
I'm a bit late to post, but I have a few questions. I was invited for an interview and will be coming from Colorado - I have already been accepted to 2 other pharmacy schools, but I really want to move to Virginia. I'm kind of debating right now on whether I should accept the interview or not - I have a horrible PCAT score and am re-taking organic chemistry I this semester for a better grade. Although I would love to attend the interview, I'm not sure if I would have a chance of being accepted. Aside from my downfalls on my application, I do have a Bachelors in Accounting, 2 years pharmacy tech experience, volunteered at a hospital and 7 years assistant manager at a dental office - GPA about 3.3. Any input is appreciated!! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted already!! :D

P.s. can someone tell me how much the tuition would be approximately? I know on their website it says $15,942 per semester but does that include all the extra fees as well or is it just the tuition?

I interviewed last week and got my acceptance today!!

Hello, I was recently accepted to Shenandoah and will be attending the Winchester campus in the fall. Congrats to everyone who was also accepted. It's not easy getting in to schools, and you should all applaud yourselves for getting through the hardest part!

Is anyone looking for a room mate, or would anyone like to get together to figure out housing for this upcoming year?

Last edited:
Congrats! May I ask about your stats? Also PCAT score? Thanks.
Hello, I had a cumulative GPA of 3.4 but on PharmCAS that converted to about a 3.6. My composite PCAT score was a 427. Hope that helps :)

Hey can someone please post a link to the FB page for our class? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I got my acceptance on Monday. :)

Does anyone know current students that are willing to comment and give feedbacks on the school curriculum, rotation sites, quality of faculty, community service opportunity, and organizations?

I was just accepted a few weeks ago. I have a question about the security deposit, does that need to be sent to SU before or after you receive the official acceptance package?

Hey, can someone help me? i want to know about how long it take an official package to get received?

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for 2018 SU thread but I could not find one. So, I'm starting one here. I had an interview last week at Ashburn campus. I loved everything about the school, and it's one of my top choices. I am waiting to hear back soon ! What about you guys ?
Hi
Did you hear anything back ? I’m also applying for 2018