Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone accepted into Shenandoah and planning on living locally in Winchester?

Members don't see this ad.

Sort of jumping on another wagon here, but I was accepted into their pharmacy school. I'm a little worried about finding a place in Winchester though because I have a 3 month old puppy :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm jealous...hahahha. I'm sure you'll be able to find a place, though ! I've been looking a bit and I've found a lot of places that allow pets!

I'm jealous...hahahha. I'm sure you'll be able to find a place, though ! I've been looking a bit and I've found a lot of places that allow pets!
Pffft, occupational therapy is just as awesome! Really? Where are you looking? I found a handful on the Zillow App but not a lot.

Hahah I meant I'm jealous you have a puppy! I honestly just googled apartments and found a few that allow pets.... Because I want to get a cat lolol

Hi guys!

I'll be attending SUOT in Winchester. I've found apts/townhouses for a great rental price and I'm looking for roommates. Let me know if you're interested.

Hi guys!

I'll be attending SUOT in Winchester. I've found apts/townhouses for a great rental price and I'm looking for roommates. Let me know if you're interested.

Hey! I just applied to SUOT program about a month ago and I was wondering when you heard about being accepted.

@OT1771 did you hear anything yet?! I emailed them to check my status but no one responded!

Hey guys!

I was recently accepted to Shenandoah's occupational therapy program for September 2016! Don't worry! Ms. Burrow said that they are trying their best to mail all acceptance letters before Christmas!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

I was recently accepted to Shenandoah's occupational therapy program for September 2016! Don't worry! Ms. Burrow said that they are trying their best to mail all acceptance letters before Christmas!
Any idea how they send them out? Maybe alphabetically haha I'm so anxious!! Congrats!!

Any idea how they send them out? Maybe alphabetically haha I'm so anxious!! Congrats!!
I applied back in October and got the acceptance email the first week of December! They did send another email saying they were backed up with sending acceptance letters though. So hopefully you will hear back soon!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Shenandoah about the second round of acceptances? Has anyone tried to call Ms. Burrow?

Has anyone heard from Shenandoah about the second round of acceptances? Has anyone tried to call Ms. Burrow?

I have left her a message & e-mailed her a couple of times and still haven't heard a response haha it's driving me crazy

Reactions: 3 users
Nope I still haven't heard a thing! I guess that's not good news :/

I just called the general admission department and they were able to check my status by my name. If you have been accepted, rejected, or wait listed it will show up. I was told a decision still has not been made on my file. She said they're still going through applicants and as far as she knows they are still accepting new students to the program. Personally it seems like they had a December group of acceptances, then another wave of acceptances in January, and now they have started the wait list notifications... seems only thing left is rejections but maybe they have a different process, idk.

I just called the general admission department and they were able to check my status by my name. If you have been accepted, rejected, or wait listed it will show up. I was told a decision still has not been made on my file. She said they're still going through applicants and as far as she knows they are still accepting new students to the program. Personally it seems like they had a December group of acceptances, then another wave of acceptances in January, and now they have started the wait list notifications... seems only thing left is rejections but maybe they have a different process, idk.

It's just so weird because I know people who have applied to SU who have not heard back, but have been accepted to doctorate programs so I don't know what to think

It's just so weird because I know people who have applied to SU who have not heard back, but have been accepted to doctorate programs so I don't know what to think

I'm with Sportschick21! I'm trying to figure out their process too.

Last edited:
I'm with Sportschick21! I'm trying to figure out their process too.
My stats are 3.2 undergraduate gpa (15 years ago), last 60 undergraduate gpa 3.96, master's degree gpa 4.0, prerequisite gpa 4.0, 250+ hours of OT in pediatric clinic, school, hand therapist, and geriatrics. Almost 15 years work experience in helping professions: as teacher, residential counselor for disabled adults, and social worker. Recommendations from 2 grad school professors, 1 employer, 3 OT's. Is anyone else willing to share their stats just so we can determine how they're admitting and rejecting? Please private message me if you don't want to list it publicly... I'd really appreciate it :)

I was just notified I was put on the alternate list

I guess that's it then :( I didn't receive an acceptance or waitlist which are both done through email. The woman I spoke to said the rejections are mailed out. I guess I'll be expecting mail, lol :whistle: I guess you win some and you lose some. I am still curious about their selection process so I'll probably call them later to find out how I can strengthen my application.

Don't lose hope yet! My friend who I posted about previously who has been accepted to doctorate programs hasn't received anything yet either

Don't lose hope yet! My friend who I posted about previously who has been accepted to doctorate programs hasn't received anything yet either

Yes don't lose hope!! The obviously aren't informing all the students at once whether they have been accepted or are on the alternate list. Your email could be coming! In any case, it's extremely tough these days. I spoke to one of the SU students this year and he told me that when he applied a year or two ago he applied to 10 schools and only got into 1. It's super competitive these days.

But trust me, I understand your angst. Last year all my efforts were specifically to get into Shenandoah and it was just killing me to wait for that email. And then when I found out that I was an alternate, I just cried ... For like an hour... Alone in my car. (Lol what a sad image but true)

Have you applied anywhere else?

Reactions: 1 users
Awwww, you're so sweet... but what a sad image, just breaks my heart. I'm so impressed by your perseverance! Giving you a virtual ((((hug))) :shy:

Good luck to each of you!

Last edited:
Is there anyone who has been accepted and will not be attending SU?

Was excepted to the Northern VA campus for Fall 16 start! Anyone else?

Hi everyone! I'm living in NW DC right now and just wanted to know if anyone that currently goes to the Leesburg campus commutes from DC and if it is difficult? I know it's kind of a far drive, but since it's only once a week I'm thinking it might not be too bad.

Hi everyone! I'm living in NW DC right now and just wanted to know if anyone that currently goes to the Leesburg campus commutes from DC and if it is difficult? I know it's kind of a far drive, but since it's only once a week I'm thinking it might not be too bad.
Your commute shouldn't be too bad as long as you don't get stuck in any traffic getting out of/through the city, unless it's raining (because as I'm sure you know, drivers in the DC area turn into *****s when it rains). I went to the Winchester campus, but I live in the Falls Church area and know the area well. Since it's just once a week, it's doable (my commute from Falls Church to Winchester was about an hour and a half one way).

Does anyone know if a Facebook page or anything has been made for incoming students at SU?? :)