Short and Asian for men is pretty much the kiss of death for dating in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to meet an American Caucasian female who DOES NOT have a negative attitude towards dating and entering a serious commitment with me.
Ftfy. It looks like autocorrect added a letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How will you ask patients about their 'flow', itch, bowel habits, sexual history, if something this silly is difficult?

The topic is about Asian males of short stature and their hardships in the American dating scene, some other posters decide to veer away from that issue and instead talk about religion and relationships between people of two different religions.

I happen to be of Asian origin myself, I am second generation Japanese American.

So....supporting the things I labeled above is "not being perfect?" **** son. I'd hate to see what you think is bad.

That the development of such a nasty attitude is not his fault? Is it the fault of the women who didn't want to go out with him? Last time I checked, despite external influences of people and situations, at the end of the day you yourself are responsible for your own attitude and how you treat other people either over the internet or in person.

And it's ok that he supports these things because "he comes from a culture where men are the boss?" Really?

(actually, he's a plain old American who grew up in an upper middle class Maryland neighborhood. He is of mixed Iranian descent which basically means nothing unless he remained immersed in the culture, which is unlikely. He even admits growing up with no racial or ethnic identity . Hell, I'm of British descent but I wouldn't say I come from their culture, even though I'm second generation. I'm also half German, and by your logic that would be an excuse for me to blog about how much I hate Jews or something :laugh:

I think you need to read a little bit more about him. You sound like you've only skimmed the surface and seen the (very) few things he does have a point about. But trust me, after that, he just delves into ridiculous bitter misogyny.

I have some friends who are of that ethnic background and many actually do maintain their cultural heritage and customs. That culture tends to be one where the man tends to be the head of the family.

I am of Japanese background and its the same in my culture too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have some friends who are of that ethnic background and many actually do maintain their cultural heritage and customs. That culture tends to be one where the man tends to be the head of the family.

I am of Japanese background and its the same in my culture too.

Are you actually saying that, just because Roosh comes from an ethnicity where men "tend to be the heads of the household", the things I outlined previously that he promotes are ok?

A man that has to resort to spewing derogatory terms at women and treating them as an entire gender like nothing but a set of wet holes isn't being an alpha, or head or a household, or really anything but a sad excuse for a man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The topic is about Asian males of short stature and their hardships in the American dating scene, some other posters decide to veer away from that issue and instead talk about religion and relationships between people of two different religions.

I happen to be of Asian origin myself, I am second generation Japanese American.

I can handle more than one topic.

Also: I'm not 100% certain it's a hardship. Plenty of short people manage to hook up, marry, make short babies, etc....... If someone's having difficulty dating, it's them.

Someone my height (6'2") has an easier time getting noticed but that's a pretty small part of the equation.

Are you actually saying that, just because Roosh comes from an ethnicity where men "tend to be the heads of the household", the things I outlined previously that he promotes are ok?

A man that has to resort to spewing derogatory terms at women and treating them as an entire gender like nothing but a set of wet holes isn't being an alpha, or head or a household, or really anything but a sad excuse for a man.

Different cultures have different standards and expectations. Roosh comes from a paternalistic culture but grew up in the US, I read though that he spent a number of years in Europe as a child as well.

Roosh says a lot things, some of which might be inappropriate or reactionary, but in some areas the man has a point. Modern day feminism has created a social scene where alpha males monopolize women for leisurely sex. I guess to most American women Roosh does not fit the profile of the "Alpha" so he decided to take his game to Europe. Someone like him seeks a more traditional relationship but cannot find it.

Asian males usually wind up getting the short end of the stick in this type of scene.

Different cultures have different standards and expectations. Roosh comes from a paternalistic culture but grew up in the US, I read though that he spent a number of years in Europe as a child as well.

Roosh says a lot things, some of which might be inappropriate or reactionary, but in some areas the man has a point. Modern day feminism has created a social scene where alpha males monopolize women for leisurely sex. I guess to most American women Roosh does not fit the profile of the "Alpha" so he decided to take his game to Europe. Someone like him seeks a more traditional relationship but cannot find it.

Asian males usually wind up getting the short end of the stick in this type of scene.

Right. The guy who wrote "Bang: More Lays in 60 Days" and travels the world writing sex reviews wants a traditional relationship.

There are many, MANY groups of people in the world who have the short end of the stick in terms of dating nowadays. And much shorter ends than the supposed one held by Asian males. This poor-me attitude is ridiculous.

Short guys have it bad, and there's no need to beat that dead horse. I doubt Asian guys have it bad after your normalize for looks, personality, etc. Short/nerdy/ugly/fat/awkward/etc of any race will face their struggles. I've lived in an area (in the United States) where plenty of Asian guys dated/married within and outside of their race. Objectively speaking, most of those guys seemed average and quite a few struck me as straight-up nerdy. Asian guys do not face the level of discrimination that black guys get when it comes to negative relationship stereotyping. But whatever.

This guy is dating down. He's a buff, ex-jock early 30s fellow ensnared by the witch queen of the Kardashian clan. I don't know how this guy looks at himself in the mirror every day, tbh. I hope you get my drift that the struggle is more pervasive than "Asian guys."

images

Last edited:
OP here. I haven't checked this thread in months (haha forgot it even existed); I've been too busy with work and life in general. It's crazy how everything went off-topic. I've noticed that certain posters like Whtsthefrequency and Touchpause get overly defensive at the fact that I went on a message board partially devoted to dating/relationships and reported how hard it was to date in America as an Asian AND short man. Instead of any constructive posts, they've pretty much written "Short asians don't have it the WORST. Stop complaining" whereas I'm sure if I were a tall female or a different race, I would get much more positive responses. And you know what. That's par for the course. Not many in America care about hearing Short Asian guys give their experiences when it comes to dating. All we get are anecdotes like "well if short asians had it so bad, why are they so many of you?" I don't blame such posters; I think we've all be conditioned in one way or another to ignore some groups and support others.

But back to the point at hand. While intimacy and loving affection is something I still believe most people need, I am learning that as long as I am comfortable with myself and enjoy my life as much as possible, then I am for the most part satisfied with my life so far. Everyone lacks things that the normal average has. Some large, some small, but everyone is missing something from their life. The best thing to do is probably just going forward and learning.

Touchpause and I were not defensive or reactionary due to your subject matter. It was the fact that people, including us, kept giving you advice - telling you things to try, emphasizing that you needed to leave this negative attitude behind, work on your self esteem, etc. - and you consistently refused to take it, instead continuing to bemoan everything and taking no positive action. Anyway, what's done is done.

Last edited:
There are many, MANY groups of people in the world who have the short end of the stick in terms of dating nowadays. And much shorter ends than the supposed one held by Asian males. This poor-me attitude is ridiculous.

My mother is the traditional type of mother, stayed at home and raised me, and my dad went to work. That is my frame of reference. Most of my white friends dads envied my father, and many of them wound up divorced.

I was married and then divorced but mostly because my wife strongly opposed me going to medical school and leaving my well paying job.

I do not agree with everything Roosh says but I believe his speech and behavior is motivated by not having a more "traditional" life. People lash out in strange ways. There are many friends of mine who lament the loss of the traditional family.

Also most Asian males want Asian female partners. In fact, many Western expats in Japan who are female often complain they do not get much attention from local men, this is because there is a negative image of Western women. Roosh is from a culture that also tends to view Westerners very negatively much more so than mine.

Honestly I think Kim Kardashian denigrates women a lot more than Roosh, she is absolutely disgusting and tasteless, its sick that she earns so much money promoting her degenerate and sexually perverse behavior. Most of the so called "feminists" are quiet about her disgusting behavior.

One of the posts in this thread mentioned white men dating Asian women, but that being rare the other way around, the reason for this is not rejection from white women, but mostly that most Asian men want to be with their own kind.

My mother is the traditional type of mother, stayed at home and raised me, and my dad went to work. That is my frame of reference. Most of my white friends dads envied my father, and many of them wound up divorced.

I was married and then divorced but mostly because my wife strongly opposed me going to medical school and leaving my well paying job.

I do not agree with everything Roosh says but I believe his speech and behavior is motivated by not having a more "traditional" life. People lash out in strange ways. There are many friends of mine who lament the loss of the traditional family.

Also most Asian males want Asian female partners. In fact, many Western expats in Japan who are female often complain they do not get much attention from local men, this is because there is a negative image of Western women. Roosh is from a culture that also tends to view Westerners very negatively much more so than mine.

Honestly I think Kim Kardashian denigrates women a lot more than Roosh, she is absolutely disgusting and tasteless, its sick that she earns so much money promoting her degenerate and sexually perverse behavior. Most of the so called "feminists" are quiet about her disgusting behavior.

One of the posts in this thread mentioned white men dating Asian women, but that being rare the other way around, the reason for this is not rejection from white women, but mostly that most Asian men want to be with their own kind.

What's degenerate about her behavior?

Members don't see this ad :)

Putting down Kim K for her sexual behavior is pretty much the opposite of feminism dude

Releasing sex tapes with a black male musician to get famous?

She was rich and famous before that happened. If an unknown person (like Me) made a sex tape, no one would even notice. There are a million sex tapes out there but only a few people have figured out ways to seriously monetize them.

She's smart enough to make $150M/year but all us poor/broke people need to feel better and judge. It's defensiveness because people hate success.

It's amusing that somewhere there's an overweight, plain-looking (or worse) chick who really thinks not having made a sex tape makes her magically better than Kim K.

It's probably better if we find ways to be successful and happy instead of waiting for celebrities to fall off their pedestals.

I do feel the tape was a business decision but it's not like anyone was harmed by some nudity or sex.

She was rich and famous before that happened. If an unknown person (like Me) made a sex tape, no one would even notice. There are a million sex tapes out there but only a few people have figured out ways to seriously monetize them.

She's smart enough to make $150M/year but all us poor/broke people need to feel better and judge. It's defensiveness because people hate success.

It's amusing that somewhere there's an overweight, plain-looking (or worse) chick who really thinks not having made a sex tape makes her magically better than Kim K.

It's probably better if we find ways to be successful and happy instead of waiting for celebrities to fall off their pedestals.

I do feel the tape was a business decision but it's not like anyone was harmed by some nudity or sex.

So because she makes a lot of money from it and is rich, it's not considered degenerate behavior? Even if it was a regular girl, I still wouldn't look highly upon that kind of behavior, personally. I also forgot to mention she poses nude despite being a mother now.

I have nothing against her, hell I'm partly a fan of Paris Hilton. I just have an issue with you saying that her behavior isn't degenerate.

But then again, I lean towards traditional viewpoints...

So because she makes a lot of money from it and is rich, it's not considered degenerate behavior? Even if it was a regular girl, I still wouldn't look highly upon that kind of behavior, personally. I also forgot to mention she poses nude despite being a mother now.

I have nothing against her, hell I'm partly a fan of Paris Hilton. I just have an issue with you saying that her behavior isn't degenerate.

But then again, I lean towards traditional viewpoints...

When Demi Moore posed nude everyone said it was beautiful and empowering for women who've had children. :)

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see what the difference between them is.

When Demi Moore posed nude everyone said it was beautiful and empowering for women who've had children. :)

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see what the difference between them is.

What's the difference?

I guess it's bc Demi Moore had actual talent to back it up whereas Kim K is famous solely for being a good looking (subjective but I don't find her that attractive) sloot.

Touchpause and I were not defensive or reactionary due to your subject matter. It was the fact that people, including us, kept giving you advice - telling you things to try, emphasizing that you needed to leave this negative attitude behind, work on your self esteem, etc. - and you consistently refused to take it, instead continuing to bemoan everything and taking no positive action. Anyway, what's done is done.

I'm sure you would agree that you speak from a perspective of privilege in regards to this topic; have you ever had a significant other, have you ever been kissed? Are you a short Asian male, which is a poor combination for any hope of getting a romantic relationship? It's hypocritical that you act with this vitriol towards my posts in the guise of helping me out. My self-esteem is fine, but I am no idiot; I know I have a 99.9% chance of rejection if I want to ask out a woman.

What's the difference?

I guess it's bc Demi Moore had actual talent to back it up whereas Kim K is famous solely for being a good looking (subjective but I don't find her that attractive) sloot.

The fact that she, Hilton, and others famous for doing nothing says more about our culture than them.

Google Kim K + Paper magazine

I can't even

The world isn't going to stop turning because of a big butt and some champagne.

There are literally a million more socially important things worthy of righteous indignation than some multimillionaire doing nudity. I could see being upset by poverty, lack of medical access, more than 10% of the homeless being veterans, the national debt, etc... but not a celebrity.

I'm sure you would agree that you speak from a perspective of privilege in regards to this topic; have you ever had a significant other, have you ever been kissed? Are you a short Asian male, which is a poor combination for any hope of getting a romantic relationship? It's hypocritical that you act with this vitriol towards my posts in the guise of helping me out. My self-esteem is fine, but I am no idiot; I know I have a 99.9% chance of rejection if I want to ask out a woman.

Vitriol? Come on, that's hyperbole and you know it. Nowhere have I expressed any sort of hatred or vitriol to you, I have only been firm in my points.

I was trying to impress upon you that a negative attitude is going to sink you every single time with a woman. You feel you come from a disadvantaged position, we get it. Many things were suggested to you - getting more hobbies, working out, different locales, being more confident, trying to use a positive attitude, and you didn't seem to respond to any of them.

Just because I have been in a relationship does not make me "privileged" or ignorant of problems interacting with the opposite sex or even the population at large. As someone with a history of social anxiety, at one point almost crippling, I understand very well issues connecting with other people. But I also understand that even if you can't fix your main problem, you can work on other areas.

What's degenerate about her behavior?

If your mom posted nude photos of herself for the entire world to see, I am sure you would be pretty upset. I know if my own mother behaved in such a way, I would be very very angry.

Feminism has created this kind of sick behavior. This is why I think people like Roosh have a point where modernization has changed things to a degree where such behavior is lauded.

One of my friends who is also Asian wants to date white women but has a hard time and I keep telling him to just find someone of his background, because Kim K is very representative of most modern white women.

If your mom posted nude photos of herself for the entire world to see, I am sure you would be pretty upset. I know if my own mother behaved in such a way, I would be very very angry.

Feminism has created this kind of sick behavior. This is why I think people like Roosh have a point where modernization has changed things to a degree where such behavior is lauded.

One of my friends who is also Asian wants to date white women but has a hard time and I keep telling him to just find someone of his background, because Kim K is very representative of most modern white women.

:lol: Because you've met and talked at length with most white women in the world, right? How old are you, honestly?

You have to be trolling.

Unless Kim is your mom, chill.

Feminism, modernism, women staying in the workplace after the Korean war, or whatever... I'm turned on by strong, confident women. I'm not of a mind that a woman being strong makes me weak or that my strength can only be her expense. I love and adore women!

A lot of traditional* guys hate that things have changed to the point that they can't control women or marry a surrogate mommy.

* Politely avoiding WS's ban-shoe. :)

Confidence goes a long way. If you're 99.9% sure you'll be turned down, then it's 99.9% likely you'll be turned down. Believe in yourself and others will too. If you're short, own it. Who gives ****? Tons of short guys have reproduced. "Short guy genes" are out there for a reason. Some tall good looking guys are dumb as rocks, but they go with what they have. Very few people have it all, in every attribute. There's someone for everyone. You don't need all 3 billion women on Earth to fall in love with you. You only need one, particularly one with a good heart, not one who places height in inches above all other human attributes.

Sorry to get all "Animal Planet" on you, but have you heard of the "alpha male"? What makes the alpha the "alpha"? Because he says he is. There's nothing more to it than that. The alpha wolf declares himself so.

Believe in yourself, and someone else will to. It starts there. You're the s--t. Start believing it now. Trust me. It works. There's billions of imperfect guys like us that have made it happen, and managed to pass our "imperfect guy" genes along to the next generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Confidence goes a long way. If you're 99.9% sure you'll be turned down, then it's 99.9% likely you'll be turned down. Believe in yourself and others will too. If you're short, own it. Who gives ****? Tons of short guys have reproduced. "Short guy genes" are out there for a reason. Some tall good looking guys are dumb as rocks, but they go with what they have. Very few people have it all, in every attribute. There's someone for everyone. You don't need all 3 billion women on Earth to fall in love with you. You only need one, particularly one with a good heart, not one who places height in inches above all other human attributes.

Sorry to get all "Animal Planet" on you, but have you heard of the "alpha male"? What makes the alpha the "alpha"? Because he says he is. There's nothing more to it than that. The alpha wolf declares himself so.

Believe in yourself, and someone else will to. It starts there. You're the s--t. Start believing it now. Trust me. It works. There's billions of imperfect guys like us that have made it happen, and managed to pass our "imperfect guy" genes along to the next generation.

Sigh. Look at all these platitudes. "There is someone for everyone." and the ever so famous "Tons of short guys have reproduced." (not true in this generation btw- look how much taller people are getting, I suspect the next generation will be giants compared to decades ago Also short guy genes can be accounted for by the short mother even if she has a tall husband)

I don't even know where to begin and honestly I don't even feel like getting all negative again since I have given up on women and dating for good.

There are some things that people cannot control, your height is one of those things, you either got it or you do not. I am considered medium tall, so I think and do feel that I have an advantage in that area.

Race and ethnicity is another thing, despite all this talk about a global world and all that jazz, people do consider race in the equation. After all this thread is about Asian men of smaller stature in the American dating scene and the difficulties many face.

There is a lot of ways to make up for this to make you more "marketable". Finding a profession where you earn a good income is one, taking your of your own appearance, fitness is something that cannot hurt you. I think a shorter guy who is physically fit can overcome a taller man who is not.

Don't underestimate how important language skills are with women.

Sigh. Look at all these platitudes. "There is someone for everyone." and the ever so famous "Tons of short guys have reproduced." (not true in this generation btw- look how much taller people are getting, I suspect the next generation will be giants compared to decades ago Also short guy genes can be accounted for by the short mother even if she has a tall husband)

I don't even know where to begin and honestly I don't even feel like getting all negative again since I have given up on women and dating for good.

I was looking at height statistics from now and about 50 years ago, there is not much of a difference in average male height, the average American male is 5'9" tall today. I think the average in 1960 was around 5' 8", one inch in 50 years is not a huge difference.

One thing that is definitely changing is that more people are getting wider. The weight of the average male in 1960 was 166 pounds and now that is around 196 pounds today.

Ever seen movies from decades ago, ever notice many of the actors and extras seem rather thin? More people are "empowered" with info about health, there is a huge craze towards organic food in the US, but it seems as if people are in worse health today than in years past. People these days are older on average but that still doesn't explain it, they also have a lot more stress, more people employed in occupations that do involve actual physical work, the presence of processed foods, microwaves, maybe a combination of these things.

I think there is definitely a lot more stress and negativity today than in years past.

You have one huge thing in your favor, you are a doctor, which means you probably have substantial earning capacity, that can make up for a lack of height.

If you have two men, one is 6 feet tall but does not have a lot of money, a so so job, and the other is lets say 5'5" or around that height, but has a much better paying job and a nice car, who do you think she is going to pick?

You have one huge thing in your favor, you are a doctor, which means you probably have substantial earning capacity, that can make up for a lack of height.
If you have two men, one is 6 feet tall but does not have a lot of money, a so so job, and the other is lets say 5'5" or around that height, but has a much better paying job and a nice car, who do you think she is going to pick?

The six foot guy. No doubt about it. It takes a lot for a woman to pick the 5'5 Asian guy and that's to assume she doesn't have taller guys approaching her. The 5'5 Asian guy would literally have to be humane like Ghandi, innovative like Elon Musk, athletic like Lebron James, and rich like well any of the latter two to even beat up the six foot guy with a normal job in the long run.

The six foot guy. No doubt about it. It takes a lot for a woman to pick the 5'5 Asian guy and that's to assume she doesn't have taller guys approaching her. The 5'5 Asian guy would literally have to be humane like Ghandi, innovative like Elon Musk, athletic like Lebron James, and rich like well any of the latter two to even beat up the six foot guy with a normal job in the long run.

I can tell you that not all women go for size, and I have seen a real life situation where a 5'5" guy who is in his late 40s beat a 6 foot guy in his late 20s for a woman. The older guy had more money, money makes a huge difference in desirability.

Justin Bieber I believe is 5'7", I am slightly over 6 foot myself, I bet he would easily pick up more women. I am Asian myself, maybe they might pick him because he is super rich and famous and white too? LOL.

I can tell you that not all women go for size, and I have seen a real life situation where a 5'5" guy who is in his late 40s beat a 6 foot guy in his late 20s for a woman. The older guy had more money, money makes a huge difference in desirability.

Justin Bieber I believe is 5'7", I am slightly over 6 foot myself, I bet he would easily pick up more women. I am Asian myself, maybe they might pick him because he is super rich and famous and white too? LOL.

Money definitely does not make that big a difference unless you're talking about over a million dollars a year. It won't make up for a deficient height like 5'5. I'm just telling you based on my experiences. I'm over 30 and have not even kissed another woman not for lack of trying or personality.

Money definitely does not make that big a difference unless you're talking about over a million dollars a year. It won't make up for a deficient height like 5'5. I'm just telling you based on my experiences. I'm over 30 and have not even kissed another woman not for lack of trying or personality.

I think money is an issue and always be, particularly an immigrant communities, the ability to earn money makes a big difference.

incorrect

It seems like you haven't made peace with your decision. Despite what you think, everyone is trying to help you out but they can only come at it from their perspective and what they've seen. And they've seen 5'5" Asian dudes with girls. Heck I've seen it. A college buddy of mine managed to get a girlfriend and he was Asian, 5'4", fat, AND ugly. I didn't read this thread fully before my post above, but holy **** dude, I was fully expecting you to self-report as 5' or below.

In regards to what type of girl I want to date, I want to date a fit <female doctor> of normal intelligence and attractiveness. Should I lower my standards?

For a guy with ZERO positive experience with women to be asking this question is like .... what planet are you living on? Do you understand evolution or did you just memorize it from a textbook? All else equal, penis = automatic disadvantage.

You'll say you know that, but I would counter that you've been targeting girls likely to reject you. Which only contributes to the negative spiral, and frankly, sinks your chances with girls who would've dated you previously but now won't. Whether the spiral continues is up to you.

Last edited:
op hit the gym. Hit the deadlifts, squats, overhead press, and bench hard. Don't bother with cardio. Take protein. If you find yourself getting flabby just lift faster. This will give you confidence and you will improve.
Feel like I'm on bodybuilding.com instead of sdn lol.

The histrionic vitriol in this thread against short asian [sic] men who adore KIM's derrière is the ugliest display of desperation to emulate Roosh that I have ever seen among males who desire a high stature to share love with jake in order crush the shackles of feminism and achieve alpha [sic] status instead of wearing lifts in HIS shoes and getting some self-confidence and having pride and moving on with life and being happy with who HE is.

Wut.

Last edited:
Don't see how this helps though as most of these men are probably 5'8 and up.

The average American man is 5'9" tall, about 50 years ago that was 5'8". Only about 15 percent of the male population is 6 feet tall or more. A lot of people believe that 6 feet tall is average, its average if you live in the Netherlands or some Scandinavian country as those places have the tallest people in the world.

I heard people say white males are taller, that is true to a degree but if you look at Europe, there are countries where men are tall, and those that are short. Particularly in Southern Europe, men tend to be shorter than those in Northern Europe.

Some Asian countries have very tall people as well, I think South Asians tend to taller than East Asians on average, particularly South Asians from the North tend to be tall, many as tall as the tallest Europeans.

I am about 5 inches taller than the average man from my parent's country.

A lot of factor seem to come into play here, genetics, health, and diet contribute to a person's height. There are many people who due to environmental factors do not achieve their full genetic potential.

Money does indeed play a role in the dating scene, I think a 5'6" Doctor who earns 250k a year has better dating prospects than a 6'1" truck driver.

I wasn't born with this negative outlook. It really took over two decades of facing nothing but rejection and lack of intimacy.

Have you ever considered hanging out with guys who are successful with women? Not lame stuff like 'gambits' or pick-up artists.

Simply hang out with guys who get it. They'll probably bust your balls (typo, err.. toughen you up) a little but over time you'll figure out what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.