Short Survey of HCPs Injection Training Experiences, Your Input is Invaluable!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IAAresearch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My name is Dan and I am a graduate student at San Jose State University, pursuing a MS in Human Factors and Ergonomics. I am currently running an anonymous survey study assessing the impact of injection device usability on patient acceptance and usage of injectable medication (found at:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/37KK3WB).

I am doing this to demonstrate to pharmaceutical companies just how important it is for patients that an injection device is usable and user friendly. I plan on publishing my results so that awareness of this issue endures, spreads, and hopefully influences the design choices companies make when creating these devices.

Are you a Health Care Provider (Nurses, Pharmacists, PAs, Medical Assistants/Techs, CDEs, etc.) who trains any type of patient to use an injection device at home? I am interested in all forms of injection devices, including but not limited to:

Prefilled Syringes, Syringe and vial combinations, Disposable Pens, Reusable pens, Disposable Auto-Injectors, Reusable Auto-Injectors, and Reconstitution kits

If you ever trained a patient to perform an injection at home and afterwards discovered or experienced any of the following, please share your experiences with us through this survey.

· Patient was too scared or intimidated by the device to perform the procedure.

· Patient performed the procedure but with a lot of hesitation and difficulty, and may have made some mistakes.

· Patient made a mistake and did not receive the full dose (they lost some or all of the medication).

· Patient could not figure out how to use the device and returned it to their health care provider or pharmacist.

· Patient called their health care provider or pharmacist for help in order to complete the procedure.

· Patient asked for additional training from their health care provider or pharmacist.

· Patient took the drug less often than they were supposed to, or stopped using it because of the difficulty they had in using the device and performing the procedure.

· Patient asked their doctor to switch to a different device/drug because of the difficulty they had in using the device and performing the procedure.

The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete, and for every survey completed we will donate $1 to either the Red Cross or The Humane Society (your choice). We hope you can contribute to this effort and help us uncover and solve the difficulties experienced by patients when delivering their own drug therapy with a new device.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/37KK3WB

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences. It would be greatly appreciated if you would share this survey with any other qualifying people you know.

Note: this survey is anonymous and no personal information is collected.

Members don't see this ad.