Shoud I Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jalam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished my OAT and I'm pretty disappointed, It was much tougher than what I expected going into it. I'm wondering if I should retake it or not? I'm trying to apply to Midwestern University in Arizona

I have a 3.92 GPA
Undergraduate Research experience
- Co-author on a paper that got published (don't know if this is worth anything)
Only 20 hours of Shadowing but will get more.

BIO - 330
GChem - 320
Orgo - 330
Phys - 340
Reading - 270....
QR - 340

TS - 340
AA - 320

Members don't see this ad.

You will get an interview at any school you apply to, especially midwestern.

Reactions: 1 user
your GPA is high enough that I would say you should just not worry about retaking it unless some school tells you that you have to retake it for them to consider you.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just finished my OAT and I'm pretty disappointed, It was much tougher than what I expected going into it. I'm wondering if I should retake it or not? I'm trying to apply to Midwestern University in Arizona

I have a 3.92 GPA
Undergraduate Research experience
- Co-author on a paper that got published (don't know if this is worth anything)
Only 20 hours of Shadowing but will get more.

BIO - 330
GChem - 320
Orgo - 330
Phys - 340
Reading - 270....
QR - 340

TS - 340
AA - 320

You'll be fine. My undergrad gpa is way lower than yours, but I had my graduate GPA to offset it and my OAT score is lower and I've received two interviews so far... Don't worry :) Also, published works or technical acknowledgements are great! Make sure you emphasis that on your application.

As someone with a research background, your co-authorship will speak for your research skills. Those scores should be ok since your GPA is competitive.