Should I apply for hematology oncology fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geripali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to this forum.

I am foreign medical graduate and US citizen , completed my internal medicine residency in June 2007. Then worked as an attending hospitalist for 18 months .Due to some social reason I have to leave my job and did geriatric fellowship which I completed in one year 2010 and then started working as a Primary care and hospitalist till now.I am board certified in geriatrics and Hospice and palliative care via career pathway..I am not satisfied with my education and I know that I am capable to do hemp-onc fellowship which I love ... I have total og 6 publication till date.I am just wondering what are my odds to get hemo-onc fellowship and where should I apply..Thanks.......

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All, I am new to this forum.

I am foreign medical graduate and US citizen , completed my internal medicine residency in June 2007. Then worked as an attending hospitalist for 18 months .Due to some social reason I have to leave my job and did geriatric fellowship which I completed in one year 2010 and then started working as a Primary care and hospitalist till now.I am board certified in geriatrics and Hospice and palliative care via career pathway..I am not satisfied with my education and I know that I am capable to do hemp-onc fellowship which I love ... I have total og 6 publication till date.I am just wondering what are my odds to get hemo-onc fellowship and where should I apply..Thanks.......
Like Gutonc said, you can apply to all of the programs and it would only cost you ~3-4K. You've been working as a hospitalist and so 3-4k is nothing for you if you think Hem/Onc is what you should be doing. LORs are very important. Good scores will get you to the review table but great LORs from great people will get you in the door. Good luck!

I'm new to the forum too. I think you have a good a chance as anyone else. I would apply broadly.