Should I Apply This Late (GPA: 3.91 MCAT: 500)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AsianFonzie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently found out about Podiatry school and am really interested! I have already interviewed at one medical school in Illinois, but I am wondering if January is way too late to apply to the Podiatry schools in California...A change in scenery certainly would be nice. How late is too late?

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't have any shadowing hours shadowing a podiatrist you'll need to get that done. All schools want to see shadowing hours, and most require a DPM letter of rec.
1) If you have that done already then it isn't too late to apply with your stats
2) get the podiatry experience done, then apply early next cycle and you'll have your choice of schools

I just recently found out about Podiatry school and am really interested! I have already interviewed at one medical school in Illinois, but I am wondering if January is way too late to apply to the Podiatry schools in California...A change in scenery certainly would be nice. How late is too late?

I would suggest getting some shadowing hours done to make sure you actually enjoy podiatry. However, you aren't too late. I have a friend who is currently a first year who didn't submit his applications till March and was accepted to Barry. And with the scores you have, even with a late app you should be able to get some interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest getting some shadowing hours done to make sure you actually enjoy podiatry. However, you aren't too late. I have a friend who is currently a first year who didn't submit his applications till March and was accepted to Barry. And with the scores you have, even with a late app you should be able to get some interviews.

So do you think a 22 MCAT (8/6/8) with a 3.48 cGPA/ 3.45 sGPA would still be able to get some interviews if I submitted a late app in March if I start shadowing podiatrists in the next two months and confirm I enjoy podiatry? My target schools are Western and CSPM at Samuel Merritt

So do you think a 22 MCAT (8/6/8) with a 3.48 cGPA/ 3.45 sGPA would still be able to get some interviews if I submitted a late app in March if I start shadowing podiatrists in the next two months and confirm I enjoy podiatry? My target schools are Western and CSPM at Samuel Merritt
You should be able to land some interviews with those stats. Go for it.