Should I apply to a pharmacy school with Candidate Status??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oversea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am applying for several pharmacy school this year in Texas. I plan to apply to UH, texas A&M, Texas Tech. I want to apply to University of north Texas as well in case the other school reject me. However, this is a new school. They have their first students in 2013. Should I apply to a very new school like this? Is it gonna affect my future when i graduate?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also applying to a bunch of Texas schools (including UNT) and I say go for it. Although it is new, the program seems decent and their campus is nice (from what I heard). And since you said it is your safety school, then you would only be attending if that is the only school that accepts you.

I would say it's a better bet than a normal new school, since it is already part of a well established health science center. I'm applying there too, but idk if I really want to go there, even though fort worth is my home town

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to a bunch of Texas schools (including UNT) and I say go for it. Although it is new, the program seems decent and their campus is nice (from what I heard). And since you said it is your safety school, then you would only be attending if that is the only school that accepts you.
Thank you

Thank you
I would say it's a better bet than a normal new school, since it is already part of a well established health science center. I'm applying there too, but idk if I really want to go there, even though fort worth is my home town