should I apply to more schools ?? freaking out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm currently sitting on only two interview invites so far. Now before you start hating, I applied to 11 schools, and eight of them have already started offering interviews to other applicants, even though I was second batch. OK so I'm never going to get into UF out of state (almost impossible for anybody OOS), but these schools

Penn
Michigan
UoP
VCU
Louisville

started offering their first interviews yesterday and I had high hopes of getting at least two more, but I didn't hear from any of them. I'm OOS for all those schools. Should I add a couple of private schools like Creighton and MW, or should I wait a few more weeks? What is considered TOO late to add new schools? I have good stats 3.9 GPA and 25 AA, although the rest of my app is pretty boring.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've only seen a couple of Penn invites today, and of those they applied very early (getting supp in early too). I applied there as well and haven't heard yet, I would think not to worry about Penn yet. It's obvious you have SDNitis, because with those stats and applying to 11 schools you should be fine, stop freaking out so early.

I totally feel ya when you say you're freaking out (I haven't heard from Mich or Penn either)- but I don't think adding more private schools will help much. For instance, I have good stats but haven't heard a peep from NYU. Go figure. I think adding more schools will only stress you out even more b/c then you'll have even more schools to be waiting on!

Members don't see this ad :)
People here would kill for 2 interview invites already.

Neither UConn nor UNC have given me interviews. It'll be okay. I have faith.

Don't waste your time or money applying to schools you wouldn't REALLY consider attending. I'm sure you've already applied to your top choices. Just let it ride.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time or money applying to schools you wouldn't REALLY consider attending. I'm sure you've already applied to your top choices. Just let it ride.

I concur. Furthermore, seems that VCU and Louisville have extended invites to in-state students thus far.

Hi guys,

So I'm currently sitting on only two interview invites so far. Now before you start hating, I applied to 11 schools, and eight of them have already started offering interviews to other applicants, even though I was second batch. OK so I'm never going to get into UF out of state (almost impossible for anybody OOS), but these schools

Penn
Michigan
UoP
VCU
Louisville

started offering their first interviews yesterday and I had high hopes of getting at least two more, but I didn't hear from any of them. I'm OOS for all those schools. Should I add a couple of private schools like Creighton and MW, or should I wait a few more weeks? What is considered TOO late to add new schools? I have good stats 3.9 GPA and 25 AA, although the rest of my app is pretty boring.

thanks.

Get over it. EVERYONE applying right now is waiting for interviews (most with none). Nobody is satisfied with the amount of interviews they have (even if they have four right now). It sounds like you thought your GPA and DAT made you a shoo in. You are not a shoo in and I am sure that lots of high-stat reapplicants would agree with me right now.

(This was written on behalf of all of the people that will be upset by this thread)

:rolleyes:

sitting on only two interviews? some people don't have interviews yet. No need to freak out yet.

OK sorry if I upset anybody I know this is very stressful for everyone and I feel for those who have nothing and are still waiting. I don't exactly know how this process works but my main fear is that, if other ppl already got invites at places that I applied to, that must mean that I was skipped over permanently, and that I'll never get anything from that school. And seeing how the 3 places I applied to that haven't offered interviews to anybody yet are extremely competitive (like Harvard) I'm just trying to cover my bases. I absolutely do not want to be a re-applicant next year so I'm shotgunning as much as I can.

Neither UConn nor UoP have given me interviews. It'll be okay. I have faith.

I agree completely.

There is still plenty of time for interview invites to come in.

Get over it. EVERYONE applying right now is waiting for interviews (most with none). Nobody is satisfied with the amount of interviews they have (even if they have four right now). It sounds like you thought your GPA and DAT made you a shoo in. You are not a shoo in and I am sure that lots of high-stat reapplicants would agree with me right now.

(This was written on behalf of all of the people that will be upset by this thread)

:rolleyes:

Indeed.

I understand that SDN is populated by those who generally have little real world experience, but come on folks. There's a search feature. There are 10 threads on the front page of this forum addressing the same issue. Stop trying to predict when interviews will go out. Stop trying to judge your competitiveness. Fill your lives with interesting things, so much so that you don't have time to worry about it.

I'm sorta tired of being told "well you don't have to worry" by folks who can read my signature. While this proves basic reading comprehension skills, it does little else. This community would be much better if we tried to get insight into each others lives and experiences more often than simply reading stats. I believe myself to be a competitive applicant because I offer a perspective that I can guarantee no other applicant does, and I feel that this perspective is valuable to those around me. High stats matter, but check out those MCAT vs. admittance charts. You see a significant number of people with 35+/3.9+ not getting in every year. There's more to this song and dance than just the music.

"Chance me" threads are perfectly fine, but make them interesting. Give some insight into your whole application. If you can't take the time to make a fairly lengthy post about yourself, how are you going to write an interesting personal statement?

OP, I don't mean to single you out. We cannot say you are a competitive applicant because all we know is you have taken some coursework and the DAT, and done well. You have more interviews than nearly everyone. Calm down.

OK sorry if I upset anybody I know this is very stressful for everyone and I feel for those who have nothing and are still waiting. I don't exactly know how this process works but my main fear is that, if other ppl already got invites at places that I applied to, that must mean that I was skipped over permanently, and that I'll never get anything from that school. And seeing how the 3 places I applied to that haven't offered interviews to anybody yet are extremely competitive (like Harvard) I'm just trying to cover my bases. I absolutely do not want to be a re-applicant next year so I'm shotgunning as much as I can.

Lol this is everyones goal.... Idk what the issue is, if you have money to spend then apply, if not don't. But don't freak out when you have 2 interviews and it's not even mid aug...

u'll be fine..i applied to 12 schools and didn't even get my first invite til mid september. And my stats are worse than yours

LOL you're worried when you already have two invites???

some people don't even have any....