Should I apply to more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

customx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
WA resident here, waiting to hear back from UW, which is my #1 choice. I have 3 interviews so far at MWU-AZ, LECOM and NOVA. I have a 3.4 GPA, 22 TS and AA, 300+ hours shadowing, 75+ volunteering, and have worked full-time while completing my prereqs. My ECs are minimal since I have been working full-time, but I don't want to make any excuses. In addition to the schools above, I applied to UCSF, UOP, Western, Colorado, Uconn, Columbia, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, VCU, UNLV, and Buffalo. Some schools are reaches, but I feel like I have a decent shot at quite a few of these schools since my stats fall close to their average matriculated student based on the ADEA guide.

Should I apply to any more schools? I haven't been rejected from any schools, but I'd like to see if it would be worthwhile to apply to a couple more schools. My prereqs were taken at a CC, so I believe that rules out a few schools like Marquette, OHSU and Creighton. Any opinions? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked if those schools you applied to are OOS friendly?

Members don't see this ad :)
You could apply to MWU-IL, BU, Tufts or NYU.

Be careful though, Tufts wants your recommendation from a Dentist to have the the number of hours you shadowed/worked there written into the recommendation itself. Correct me if I'm wrong on this but I read it on the website.

Last edited:
I believe BU and Tufts don't accept CC credits, so that rules out both of those schools. I would really like to get an interview at a public school if at all possible.

I believe BU and Tufts don't accept CC credits, so that rules out both of those schools. I would really like to get an interview at a public school if at all possible.
Try Pitt. I'm OOS for them with nearly an associates degree full of CC credits (about half of the prereqs were done at CC). My GPA is only marginally higher than yours and your DAT scores are far superior to mine. I got an interview - I think you would likely be competitive there, too.

I'll check into Pitt. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Minnesota has a decent OOS acceptance. Not sure about their stats though.

I don't know if Pitt will be worth applying to. I took all of my prereqs at a CC, except for 1 quarter of biochem. According to the ADEA guide, only 30% of prereqs can be taken at a CC