should i apply to more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hybridgen3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I apply to more schools? I already applied to 13. One rejected and only one interview from Temple. I decided not to waste money on filling out the UCSF secondary bc I know that I'm not getting in there for sure so basically 12 schools left to hear from. I'm getting really worried about my chances now since my AADSAS was sent out on September 15th and time keeps on ticking. Do you guys think that it's too late or pointless to apply to more right now? If I was going to apply to more, which ones should I apply to that would actually take a look at my file considering my low gpa?

sci gpa: 2.79
overall:2.84
DAT: AA/TS/PA: 23/24/19

Members don't see this ad.

if you read some of the threads it seems some schools arent going to start inviting people to interviews until november.
ive been freaking out over the same thing but then i realized most of the schools ivbe applied to havent invited people to interviews yet and that looking at all thee forums just makes me anxious as i bet it does you too!

Hybridgen3 said:
Should I apply to more schools? I already applied to 13. One rejected and only one interview from Temple. I decided not to waste money on filling out the UCSF secondary bc I know that I'm not getting in there for sure so basically 12 schools left to hear from. I'm getting really worried about my chances now since my AADSAS was sent out on September 15th and time keeps on ticking. Do you guys think that it's too late or pointless to apply to more right now? If I was going to apply to more, which ones should I apply to that would actually take a look at my file considering my low gpa?

Hybridgen3 said:

Don't worry. I just got a rejection letter from Temple. I have higher GPA and lower DAT but got three so far. 13 is a good number, I am sure you will get into at least one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hybridgen your situation is pretty similar to mine and I think you should just try your luck with what you have. I intially applied to only 5 schools which was really stupid but added 3 in August and then another 5 in September, so 13 total.

I've already got one rejection from Loma Linda also only 12 schools left and only one invite from UNLV. The main thing is to keep working at your GPA and notify schools of you situation.

I've taken tons of courses over the summer and now in fall so when the schools get my new updates from AADSAS my science will be above 3.0 and overall close to it. :)

Focus on improving your application not sending it to more schools. Although there are 54 d schools many have out of state limits and 3.0 GPA cutoffs so really there are only about 10-15 schools for people with our stats.

Good luck, I understand the tough situation you are in!

Hybridgen3 said:

Just relax and watch what happens.

yea i kno...i should chill but i can't...i was thinking about just taking extension classes to improve my gpa but then everyone says that its useless...should i?...also was thinking bout a masters program too but i dunno...so right now im jus working as a dental assistant at an endodontist's office...i know that BU is all filled up with interviews thats y...my friend's interview is all the way until february and i havn't even gotten one so i think BU is out of the question for me...hey raj...when did u apply and are they all filled up with interviews too?...bc i would wanna go to UNLV if I had the chance since its relatively closer to home (LA)