Should I be contacting schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optimisticdent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I just had a quick question. My AADSAS application is "complete" and will be mailed out tomorrow, according to AADSAS. However, the only component that is missing is my university's committee letter, which has yet to be completed. Many of the schools that I am applying to have contacted me to notify me that they have not yet received my LORs, so they are unable to consider me as an applicant just yet. Should I be contacting each school and explaining the situation? Or do I just wait it out without telling admissions representatives that my university is working on the letter, and that it is completely out of my control? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everybody! I just had a quick question. My AADSAS application is "complete" and will be mailed out tomorrow, according to AADSAS. However, the only component that is missing is my university's committee letter, which has yet to be completed. Many of the schools that I am applying to have contacted me to notify me that they have not yet received my LORs, so they are unable to consider me as an applicant just yet. Should I be contacting each school and explaining the situation? Or do I just wait it out without telling admissions representatives that my university is working on the letter, and that it is completely out of my control? Thanks in advance!
why would you call them when they've already explained to you what it is they are waiting on?

It makes no difference either way. Because of the sheer volume of applicants, the admissions process is straightforward in that you either have your LORs in or we just won't consider your application. You actually have some control in this case -- call/email your college committee and check up on their progress.

Thanks for the response! I've called multiple times to try and ensure that the letter is submitted asap, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like they've sped up the process. That's all I meant by "out of my control" since checking up hasn't made a difference.
I only posted because it seemed a bit logical to call each school and tell them that they should be expecting my letters soon. But now that I think about it, I listed the committee letter on AADSAS so they should know that already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many of the schools that I am applying to have contacted me to notify me that they have not yet received my LORs, so they are unable to consider me as an applicant just yet. Should I be contacting each school and explaining the situation?

Yes- I would send them an e-mail (so they can save it to your file, as opposed to just calling) stating that your committee letter is being processed by your home institution, and that it will be there by [insert the estimated date your undergrad. has given you].

Don't contact them, as that will change as soon as they get it processed. That's just a common courtesy that they tell people what's missing. :) Now, if you don't get any notification that your application is happy and complete within like a month, I'd give them all a call to ensure your app is smooth.