pkteen

Biochemistry + Studio Art Majors = Death
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:scared::scared::scared:

I took the SATII BioM and Chemistry on May4th and I got
BioM: 710
Chemistry: 720

I'm an international student with really stellar EC's (what my counsellor told me...not boasting on anything :p :laugh:)
I have a pretty diverse college list but I also mean to apply to a few ivies with at least a shot at getting in... I'm supposed to take Physics on June 1st... Should I also retake BioM and Chemistry or am I panicking for no reason...

HELP MEH!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well you might be thinking to switch to Physics. But this is a question of your interest. If you think you want a career in the filed of BioM and Chemistry then just go for it.:)

I wouldn't retake the SATIIs for Bio and Chem. Those score are okay and retaking will show less favorably if you don't have tremendous improvement. And in general, many colleges will look less favorably on retakes except for extenuating circumstances. And many Med Schools will also look less favorably on retakes. For now, I would focus on your Physics SATII, and any AP/IB courses that are offered, colleges, Ivys especially, will weigh those much more heavily.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They are pretty low.

Retake.

Depends on the school.

Harvard? Retake it.

Boston College? They're fine.

I'm retaking.

I wouldn't retake the SATIIs for Bio and Chem. Those score are okay and retaking will show less favorably if you don't have tremendous improvement. And in general, many colleges will look less favorably on retakes except for extenuating circumstances. And many Med Schools will also look less favorably on retakes. For now, I would focus on your Physics SATII, and any AP/IB courses that are offered, colleges, Ivys especially, will weigh those much more heavily.

Actually, the university will always look upon a retake as perfectly acceptable under the following condition; if your score increases, rather than decreases. Any medical admissions team would tell you that in a heart beat.

I'm in college now and in my second semester :D thanks anyways :D