Should I begin to think about podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sean Lee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying for MD/DO schools this cycle. I am complete at most of my MD schools as of late july, and my AACOMAS will be verified in mid August. I have a 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 33 MCAT.

If I do not get into a medical school (I applied to 30+), the alternative will be podiatry schools. Should I at least begin to research podiatry?

Members don't see this ad.

No. There's no reason why you shouldn't get into DO stat-wise.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Holy **** 30 schools?!? That's a lot of time and money - especially for secondaries. This is totally shot gun method

I am currently applying for MD/DO schools this cycle. I am complete at most of my MD schools as of late july, and my AACOMAS will be verified in mid August. I have a 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 33 MCAT.

If I do not get into a medical school (I applied to 30+), the alternative will be podiatry schools. Should I at least begin to research podiatry?

Get off SDN Sean Lee! Go rehab that knee.

Reactions: 1 users
It's not even 2 months into the cycle yet, and you're already contemplating a career switch? Stop being so neurotic; so many of your posts are full of nervousness, you need to find a hobby to keep your mind off this stuff.

Your numbers should be sufficient to get an MD acceptance if you applied strategically and interview well.

Reactions: 2 users
It's not even 2 months into the cycle yet, and you're already contemplating a career switch? Stop being so neurotic; so many of your posts are full of nervousness, you need to find a hobby to keep your mind off this stuff.

Your numbers should be sufficient to get an MD acceptance if you applied strategically and interview well.

this

don't get on SDN for at least a month. go do something. you applied early and hopefully strategically. that's all you can do now assuming your secondaries are done

Reactions: 1 users

You are a shoo-in for DO... What are the MD schools you have applied to?

It's a sign of maturity and foresight to have a Plan B, even if one has a 4.0 and 40 MCAT.

But I believe if your ECs are in order, and you target the right mix of schools, you should be OK for med school.

Yes, except Plan B should be "find out why I didn't get accepted so that I can work on it and try again" not settle for something you don't really want to do.

Yes, except Plan B should be "find out why I didn't get accepted so that I can work on it and try again" not settle for something you don't really want to do.
agreed, and based on stats alone, a DO acceptance is not out of the question even if MD ends up a bust. although the sGPA is maybe questionable.

OP - what do your science grades look like in 300+ level courses?