Should I Brush My Teeth Everyday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SirShagaLot

Move Maker Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, should I? I drink a lot of coffee and I've noticed that my breath is questionable when i go several days without brushing? Also, is smoking bad for you??? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

When I tried to brush more than once every three days my gums would bleed so I just gave up. Now I just try to clean them about once a week with a tooth pick, which seems to work pretty good. And as for the smoking, I'd definatly stay away from normal cigaretts. Try switching to cigars, as long as you don't smoke more than around 4 or 5 a day you should be just fine.

I smell a troll...why would you not want to bruch your teeth everyday, especially when you want to be a dentist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Brush teeth everyday???!!! Are you crazy? Who has that much time?

definitely not. you risk cervical toothbrush abrasion.

drhobie7 said:
definitely not. you risk cervical toothbrush abrasion.

Exactly...my gum lines are receding.

I can comment on the smoking. You know people in a fire die from smoke inhalation. Bacteria in your mouth are no different they can't handle the locally high amount of smoke. So actually the more you smoke the less bacteria you will have in your mouth and the more healthy your mouth will be :).

DrTacoElf said:
I can comment on the smoking. You know people in a fire die from smoke inhalation. Bacteria in your mouth are no different they can't handle the locally high amount of smoke. So actually the more you smoke the less bacteria you will have in your mouth and the more healthy your mouth will be :).

Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrTacoElf said:

I hear thats what 4 out of 5 dentist recommend anyways.

DrTacoElf said:

While your mouth will be sterile after a few smokes, your teeth might stain a little bit........that's why I gargle a little Clorox before bed. All 7 of my teeth are white as hell.

geckel said:
While your mouth will be sterile after a few smokes, your teeth might stain a little bit........that's why I gargle a little Clorox before bed. All 7 of my teeth are white as hell.

Clorox? I rinse my mouth with a big glass of warm sugar water before I go to bed.

^ I find that a solution of sugar and clorox is most effective.

I think there is something missing. Didn't you all know that it is harnful to smoke because of the tar buildup in your throat. This can easily be solved with a daily dose of a half of a cup of maximum strength DRANO. Try it.

Members don't see this ad :)
SirShagaLot said:
well, should I? I drink a lot of coffee and I've noticed that my breath is questionable when i go several days without brushing? Also, is smoking bad for you??? :confused:
nah, keep doing what your doing, so we can extract them easily in the near future.

I hear crystal meth is GREAT for killing off those pesky, cavity causing bacteria

geckel said:

:laugh: :idea:

you guys are giving bad advice to pre-dents. don't listen to these guys. they are just being sarcastic. however, do gargle your mouth with coke after dinner. carbonated liquid kills off bacteria like no other.

polarnut said:
you guys are giving bad advice to pre-dents. don't listen to these guys. they are just being sarcastic. however, do gargle your mouth with coke after dinner. carbonated liquid kills off bacteria like no other.

I have gargled with Coke before going to bed for many years now and on my last check up I had zero cavities. I do brush every other day however so, maybe that carbonated theory really is true.

SirShagaLot said:

Important point. Everyone going to either NYU or Columbia should start smoking to begin allow the cells of the lungs to get accustomed to NY air... Otherwise you might suffer from lung problems.

Thanks for advices guys, you should all publish papers.

My research about Dentistry and Smoking was already published in Oct 2005's Maxim. :laugh:
My microbiology professor was the co-author. :laugh:

Hermey, Tina not only kills bacteria in your mouth but it also gives you a lovely fashionable oral look called "Meth-Mouth".....image-google it and you'll see how pretty it is :cool: :cool: :D :D

drengineer said:
Brush teeth everyday???!!! Are you crazy? Who has that much time?

Not to mention the huge burden of purchasing a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste every 2-3 months along with excessive physical strain on the elbow, wrist, and finger joints caused by the very act of brushing.
Instead, I recommend drinking hot white chcolate. It whitens your teeth and provides all your daily need of Calories in one simple step.