Should I delay the MCAT until July?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chuck Steak

Chuck Steak
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, wanted some advice regarding my MCAT test date. I'm currently registered for the June 21st exam date and in total I'll have about 5 weeks of study prior to the test. If I can, I'd like to take the July exam to give myself more time to prepare. My question is, will taking the MCAT so late in the application cycle significantly impact my admission prospects? Will I just get wait-listed if I submit so late?

Info about me:
3.98 GPA
3.94 SGPA
target school: Univ. of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry. As long as you submit in June, your app will get verified and you'll be ready to go when u get your score back in august. Just make sure your LORs are in as well and you won't have to worry about being late

Sounds like you'll be fine. I'm not in the Texas system though so maybe someone who knows more about TX timelines should chime in. Given your stats--assuming your LORs and ECs are in order--it seems like you have great chances even with an MCAT in a month later than you'd hoped for. Just get everything else in ASAP.

I'm a Texas resident myself.

Why are you aiming for UTSA man! With your near 4.0, you can definitely get into UTSW or Baylor.

Just monetary concerns mostly, things will work out way cheaper for me if I can stay in San Antonio. Thanks for the advice you guys, I really appreciate it.