Should I drop physics 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Prologue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm running with the senior title now, with one more semester to go. Taking 13 credits, 3 science courses atm and 2 of them are in the A range. I'm sitting on a 3.2ish science gpa with an F under my belt(its calculated in).

To explain my concern for physics 2, I scored 90s on all the exams in physics 1 and a 90 in the lab. I completely dropped the ball on the final and got dropped to a B.

I have an 80 test average for physics 2 so far (88,72). I'm looking for some feedback on wether or not I should drop it.

If I drop it, I can take it in the fall and use these two months to finish off the DAT and apply.

The incident with physics 1 is making me a bit shaky with this class. I'm sitting a B and it could either got to a B+ or go into the C range. Despite my OK grades this time around, I don't have a good handle on the material like I did with physics 1.

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm running with the senior title now, with one more semester to go. Taking 13 credits, 3 science courses atm and 2 of them are in the A range. I'm sitting on a 3.2ish science gpa with an F under my belt(its calculated in).

To explain my concern for physics 2, I scored 90s on all the exams in physics 1 and a 90 in the lab. I completely dropped the ball on the final and got dropped to a B.

I have an 80 test average for physics 2 so far (88,72). I'm looking for some feedback on wether or not I should drop it.

If I drop it, I can take it in the fall and use these two months to finish off the DAT and apply.

The incident with physics 1 is making me a bit shaky with this class. I'm sitting a B and it could either got to a B+ or go into the C range. Despite my OK grades this time around, I don't have a good handle on the material like I did with physics 1.

Thanks for your time.

If it were me, I would bust ass and make sure I got a B. You are so far into the semester, and you can you stand to think of starting the class over again? If you take it again, you will need a B anyways and right now you are in position to earn that B.

Also, your 2 A's in other classes will look a lot less impressive sitting next to a big fat W.

Hire a tutor or do whatever you need to do to get a B in phys 2 and then be done with it! You are so close.

If it were me, I would bust ass and make sure I got a B. You are so far into the semester, and you can you stand to think of starting the class over again? If you take it again, you will need a B anyways and right now you are in position to earn that B.

Also, your 2 A's in other classes will look a lot less impressive sitting next to a big fat W.

Hire a tutor or do whatever you need to do to get a B in phys 2 and then be done with it! You are so close.

But a B or lower would actually bring down my wonderful 3.2.

Members don't see this ad :)
But a B or lower would actually bring down my wonderful 3.2.

Coupled with your 2 A's this semester and you are going up, not down.

The real 2 questions in my opinion:

Do you think you will get an A if you do it again?

Do you really want to do it again?

Thanks for your time.

drop retake and get an A next time. Its silly to settle for a B, esp when one W wont hurt your GPA but a B will lower it.

So dumb to waste the money and time. Good crap! A B never killed anyone... Heck, a C never killed anyone... Suck it up and pass the class. You can't just drop classes in dental school when you fall behind. Just my opinion...