Should I Drop This Course..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kochanie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried looking for similar threats but was unsuccessful.

I decided to get some of my pre-req's done before next year gets very science intensive.

I have dropped a course for the past two quarters so I really don't want to...

But I hate this course. It's very scattered, new (bad reviews so far), and I frankly don't care for/understand lots of the reading...

The midterm/final scares me because it's linking all these scattered random ass articles together and more...

Should I drop it or should I stick to it? I HIGHLY doubt I will get anything above a B which I don't like because I need A's from now on.. Also, the amount of reading is truly impacting my Biology courses.

I might be able to get into a class that only meets once a week (so thankfully only met one time, but that's a big maybe since it's past the deadline).

Members don't see this ad.

Is it actually a pre-req? Do you need it? If not, and you feel like it will be a hindrance, you should drop. Drops (at my school, at least) don't show up on your transcript.

I have no qualms about dropping a course since those dont show on your transcript. Now if you're talking about withdrawing, as in 'W' that's a different story in which case I would say no.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it'll just look like I took one less course. It's only 1.5 weeks into the year and the drop deadline is Feb 14, but it's such a hindrance I rather do it now. Should I try to get into another class or let it be?

Is it actually a pre-req? Do you need it? If not, and you feel like it will be a hindrance, you should drop. Drops (at my school, at least) don't show up on your transcript.

It's not a pre-req per say, 2 similar courses are needed to graduate (2 History classes)

No, it'll just look like I took one less course. It's only 1.5 weeks into the year and the drop deadline is Feb 14, but it's such a hindrance I rather do it now. Should I try to get into another class or let it be?

depending on how many credits you're taking, you may want to try to replace the course with another one.

I just dropped it. Hopefully my dean allows me to add the other course (they only met once so hopefully it won't be a problem).