Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

DO Should I fill out more secondaries?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by EarthToDoc, 09.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. EarthToDoc

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if I should fill out more secondaries or if it will be okay for me to save some money. All the money that has been spent is starting to really hurt and now the tuition at each school is getting to me. I have secondaries from everywhere below except LUCOM and William Carey. 26 MCAT (7 PS, 9 Verbal, 10 BS), cGPA: 3.57, sGPA:3.32, nonscienceGPA:3.93. NON-URM. The bolded ones, I am not sure about:

ATSU-KCOM- Thinking of not submitting because of tuition and high avg stats.
    Alabama COM-Submitted
    CUSOM- Submitted
    CCOM- WTF with that tuition, no way I am submitting here.
    DMU- High average stats, kinda far from me. Not sure on this one
    VCOM, Auburn, SC,Virginia-Submitted
    PCOM-Georgia- Submitted
    KCUMB- Not sure with my stats.
    Lake Erie/Seton Hill- Submitted
    LECOM Bradenton- Submitted
    LUCOM- No secondary received
    LMUDCOM- Submitted
    MUCOM- Submitted
    NSUCOM- Submitted
    PCOM-Philadelphia - Submitted
    WVSOM- High tuition, but is it good idea to submit secondary?
    William Carey,MS - No secondary.

Obviously, getting accepted somewhere is the most important consideration, but I was wondering if the schools I have submitted to already should be enough to get me a possible acceptance somewhere?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. user3

user3 SDN Bronze Donor Bronze Donor 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you have a shot at all the bolded. Submit to any you are interested in attending. Discard LUCOM, I cannot recommend that school.
    AspiringERMD likes this.

About the ads