Should I just apply or retake the MCAT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Podiatry 1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site. I have overall GPA of 3.8 and a science GPA of 3.73 . I got a 19 on my mcat ( 6v, 7p, 6b ). My plan is to apply for next rotation on August since it's too late and I still need few more classes to get my degree in Biology. I called Barry and Kent and they told me I should apply now and there is a good chance but smaller schools like Arizona podiatry and western told me I wasn't competitive. What are my chances ? I would appreciate if you guys include your GPA and mcat scores and how many interviews or acceptance you received. Do podiatry schools have conditional acceptance, for example can they give you chance to you to retake the mcat if they like your application or do they just reject ?
also if rejected the first time, can I retake and apply again on the same cycle ?
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply now its late but you have a shot, i would go for it

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't mind paying for it, I would say apply now to the bigger schools to at least gain perspective on how you could be a better application; however, I'd say you would get some strong interests from those bigger schools.

My opinion is that you should save your money and retake the mcat. If you look at this years rejection list you can see that applicants with high gpa stats were still rejected with a low mcat score. (Assuming that they interviewed well and had some experience.) I know that I spent a lot of money applying and it would be a shame to spend all that money, this late in the year if what you really want to attebd the smaller schools and not the latter as most of them are near full.