Should I mention this and how are these ECS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discowisco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ECS:

-ER Scribe
-Clinical Research Assistant at Hospital (100 + Hours)
- VP Of Service Organization (Providing types of renewable energy to kids in 3rd world countries)
- Part of Student Volunteer Council for 1 semester
- Medical Relief Trip To Honduras
- Started a business which I still manage. And Pay my summer tuition with.
-I did research with one professor in renewable energy (ethanol etc.) for about 1 year then I applied for my universities research scholar program with that professor (they give you a stipend to do research with the professor and then present a poster). I quit after 1 semester after I could not take anymore of his condescending attitude. Cant ask for a rec now. Should i mention this in my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ECS:

-ER Scribe
-Clinical Research Assistant at Hospital (100 + Hours)
- VP Of Service Organization (Providing types of renewable energy to kids in 3rd world countries)
- Part of Student Volunteer Council for 1 semester
-I did research with one professor in renewable energy (ethanol etc.) for about 1 year then I applied for my universities research scholar program with that professor (they give you a stipend to do research with the professor and then present a poster). I quit after 1 semester after I could not take anymore of his condescending attitude. Cant ask for a rec now. Should i mention this in my application?

Also I was Treasurer of my Pre-Dental Society my Junior year, should I mention that or leave it out? I switched from Dent to Med.

Don't ask for a LOR unless you left on good terms. Only you know whether or not he liked you.

Yes, mention that you were Treasurer. Yes mention that you did research. No don't say you quit because you didn't like the PI. Rule #1 when being ask about a prior employer/boss/supervisor/whatever is don't say bad things about them.