Should I postpone my OOS interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chishiki

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I received an interview to an OOS school and scheduled it for 10/19. I have 2 interviews in September and both will most likely give me a decision on 10/15. If I am accepted into either school, I will 100% attend over the OOS school.

Would it be too late to cancel my OOS interview on 10/15? I don't want to waste an interview spot there if they can't fill it in 4 days. Furthermore, I'm tight on money and need to buy my plane ticket soon for a cheaper price. However, they don't offer refunds if I cancel my trip. I also applied to multiple schools in the same state but haven't heard back yet, and would prefer to only fly out only once.

On the other hand, I heard it's better to interview as soon as possible...

I hope this doesn't comes off as humble bragging, I'm just conflicted on what to do and trying to save time/money/interview spots if I can...

Members don't see this ad.

Do you really think that you're such a special snowflake that you're going to bag not one but two accepts?

Another way of asking this is: you get wait listed at both of your favored schools. You have cancelled the OOS school.

Now what do you do?

Reactions: 1 users
Don't decline interviews until there's an acceptance in your hands.

Reactions: 1 user
It would be extremely foolish to delay an interview for these reasons. In this process you need to control the things that you can control, of which there are very little.

Reactions: 1 user