Should I quit my job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catmario

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied this cycle and don't have an acceptance yet. I am currently on more than a handful of waitlists.
I am not quitting banking on the possibility that I may get in. It's just that this job makes me extremely
unhappy, and only adds to the general forlorn in the closing of a largely unsuccessful cycle.

I do not have another job lined up, but I don't think I can stand another month of this job. I've been
at it for over a year- a bottom of the totem pole kind of job that has been both eye- opening and humbling- but I've gained and learned as much as I possibly can, and going on any further seems pointless.
Furthermore, this coming month or two will be extremely busy, as I will have to decide whether or not to reapply, as well as finish my role to a laboratory that is scrambling to get its data together for a final presentation.

I'm not looking to burn any bridges. I am terrified that quitting will somehow close future opportunities for me. Will it? Obviously, if I do make the decision to leave, I will say nothing of my hatred of the job, and be nothing but perfectly courteous and grateful in my two weeks spiel.

Members don't see this ad.

quit bro worst case scenario you uber drive for a couple weeks till you find a new job

It is NEVER wise to quit a job when you don't have another opportunity aligned. Please don't be an ignorant fool. I am a nontrad, so you should trust my advice. At the very least, please speak to your boss, form a relationship where you can ask about part-time options or perhaps opportunities to go into a different sector but DO NOT quit without having another bird in your hand.

I applied this cycle and don't have an acceptance yet. I am currently on more than a handful of waitlists.
I am not quitting banking on the possibility that I may get in. It's just that this job makes me extremely
unhappy, and only adds to the general forlorn in the closing of a largely unsuccessful cycle.

I do not have another job lined up, but I don't think I can stand another month of this job. I've been
at it for over a year- a bottom of the totem pole kind of job that has been both eye- opening and humbling- but I've gained and learned as much as I possibly can, and going on any further seems pointless.
Furthermore, this coming month or two will be extremely busy, as I will have to decide whether or not to reapply, as well as finish my role to a laboratory that is scrambling to get its data together for a final presentation.

I'm not looking to burn any bridges. I am terrified that quitting will somehow close future opportunities for me. Will it? Obviously, if I do make the decision to leave, I will say nothing of my hatred of the job, and be nothing but perfectly courteous and grateful in my two weeks spiel.

I've worked in banking after college (about 8 years ago). It can be tiring. You should speak to a professional recruiter who can get you a contract job or another full-time job. Just google finance recruiters in your neighborhood. They may be able to get you something that's lower key.