Should I re-take MCAT for 2016 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnytest

MS-4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application is verified and I will most likely be complete at all my schools Mid-September.
I took the MCAT twice,
1st time: 11/6/14, 31 Total
2nd time: 11/9/12, 32 Total

cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.76

Should I take the MCAT a third time in hopes of scoring a 35+ for 2015-2016 cycle in case I don't get in this cycle. I would take it in January I guess. For some reason, I don't feel that confident for this cycle.. I had high expectations for 2nd MCAT but idk what happened.. Should I start studying now?

Members don't see this ad.

you should be doing your secondaries right now, unlessy ou''re all done

Members don't see this ad :)
If you applied broadly you should get in this cycle; right now you need to get your secondaries in and be complete ASAP though.

Also, scoring 35+ is easier said than done. If your averages weren't near it the first 2 times, it is unlikely you will succeed the 3rd time.

If you applied broadly you should get in this cycle; right now you need to get your secondaries in and be complete ASAP though.

Also, scoring 35+ is easier said than done. If your averages weren't near it the first 2 times, it is unlikely you will succeed the 3rd time.

Thanks!
Btw do you know why many people post their LizzyM score as a range? I thought the formula was GPA*10 + MCAT?