Should I re-take OAT? (Need advice)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nexuss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted some advice on what to do as I want to drop my applications asap and need some advice on what to do. I was looking for some help from people who have already been accepted / know how schools interpret scores as it'd help me decide whether or not I should re-take.

I took the OAT last year and got these results

Bio 290
QR 330
RC 330
Physics 360
Gchem 340
Ochem 320

AA - 330
TS - 330

My GPA is 3.0 with an increasing trend in year 3 and 4.

My oat is schedule next week but I am not confident that I can outscore my previous OAT mark. However, I am scared what the 290 means in terms of a viable test result so my question is should I retake my OAT or apply with my 330 score and 3.0 GPA and expect to be accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Retaking it won't hurt you, just do practice tests (Kaplan) or CourseSaver, where I got my practice from.
Does anyone know if schools look at your highest OAT score or the average of all your scores?

Retaking it won't hurt you, just do practice tests (Kaplan) or CourseSaver, where I got my practice from.
Does anyone know if schools look at your highest OAT score or the average of all your scores?

Waterloo looks at highest, and I'm 99% sure everyone else looks at highest too, although I wouldn't put it against them that they would also see your other scores even though it won't actually be used for scoring.