should i reschedule my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smallis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are my AAMC practice test scores:

78%/87%/68%/83%

My test is in two weeks, should I cancel?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have Biochem down pat (assuming these are the non-Biochem included exams) then you should be fine. If you're shaky on Biochem/psych then reschedule.

Sorry i wasnt clear. I meant that i took the aamc practice test and got:
78 physical sciences
87 verbal
68 bio/biochem
83 CARS

If you have Biochem down pat (assuming these are the non-Biochem included exams) then you should be fine. If you're shaky on Biochem/psych then reschedule.

78 physical sciences
87 verbal
68 bio/biochem
83 psych

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Go through and analyze that test closely. Why did you make the mistakes you made. Was it due to lack of content? Was it due to careless mistakes? Was it due to lack of familiarity with the test?

You also have to realize this is the last test for 4 months. Are you really going to want to study a significant amount of time for the entirety of these next 4 months? Because if you take a break in between and then try studying again say come late November you are going to essentially be starting from scratch having forgotten alot.

The safe decision is to re-schedule and there is nothing wrong with doing so. But these percentages aren't alarmingly low I don't think its crazy to try and give it a go in 2 weeks if you feel decently confident about it.

To give you some context, my AAMC average was 80.5% (yours is 79%) 2.5 weeks out from my exam and I ended up scoring a 520, so your composite percentage seems fine to score 510+ (from what I can tell by looking at the spreadsheets on this forum, my real score compared to my practice score ended up being a pretty big deviation). That being said, my highest section on the practice test was bio/biochem with an 85%. As @werunthis mentions your 68% in bio/biochem is somewhat of a concern given that 2 of the 4 test sections are biochem heavy (physical sciences and bio/biochem). If I were you I would run with your 79% and hit the bio/biochem content pretty heavy over the next two weeks (I recommend Khan Academy), making sure that you do and thoroughly review as many practice exams as you can in that time period.

Last edited:
78 physical sciences
87 verbal
68 bio/biochem
83 CARS

Just so you know, you listed verbal and CARS which are the same thing. Which one of the two did you mean psych (I am guessing the 83)?

Last edited:
The thing I'll advise about those charts which while they are valuable are incredibly self selecting in their bias. The number of people who posted top scores compared to mediocre ones is extreme. Many people do worse than what their AAMC practice test scores were. These people rarely go about advertising and showing off their scores and drawing attention to them.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a 83% on my AAMC practice and ended up 91% on the real thing. So in terms of score, you're doing well. Though, presumably, schools will still emphasize B/BC the most, so you may want to focus on that more.