Should I retake Calculus 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YaleBound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman. Last semester I received an A in Calculus 1. This semester I got a B- in Calculus 2. Med Schools I don't think will like this. And it will hurt my gpa. should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

:smack:

Its done, move on and get em next time. One B- is no big deal.

Reactions: 1 user
OK. But I don't know though, that's 4 credits and it dropped me from a 3.86 to a 3.69 :/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Might want to change your YaleBound to "regular" MD school bound..

Totally kidding, but i wouldn't retake a B-. I have a couple of them and my sGPA is still around 3.6ish i also have a C+ but i made some A's and it completely erased it trust me just move on even if you get an A that averages out to be a B/B+ at best

I am a freshman. Last semester I received an A in Calculus 1. This semester I got a B- in Calculus 2. Med Schools I don't think will like this. And it will hurt my gpa. should I retake?

Unless you're gunning for D.O., retaking Calc 2 won't do anything more for your GPA than taking "Intro to (insert easy course here)" will.

Might want to change your YaleBound to "regular" MD school bound..

Totally kidding, but i wouldn't retake a B-. I have a couple of them and my sGPA is still around 3.6ish i also have a C+ but i made some A's and it completely erased it trust me just move on even if you get an A that averages out to be a B/B+ at best

OK. But I don't know though, that's 4 credits and it dropped me from a 3.86 to a 3.69 :/

Oh-oh. Better hope you're not white/asian because as of right now you are below matriculating averages for regular MD! yet alone yale!

:smuggrin:

Just keep progressing!

Oh-oh. Better hope you're not white/asian because as of right now you are below matriculating averages for regular MD! yet alone yale!

:smuggrin:

Just keep progressing!
I'm Jamaican lol