Should I retake DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverbmw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am applying next cycle in June 2015 to dental school.
I took my DAT and here are my scores
AA:19
Ochem:22
Gchem:19
Bio:19
TS:20
Reading:20
QR:17
PAT:22

Additionally I have a 3.7 gpa both overall and science going to a to UC school.
Many volunteering and shadow hours and extra circulars as well as a mission trip out of country.

I wanted to get some feedback. Whether I should retake the DAT or not and whether I am in good shape to be competitive and get some interviews.
My top choice is USC, what do you guys think?

What other schools do you guys think will I have a good chance at getting an interview based on my numbers?
Also if anyone received interviews in california schools and would be willing to share their numbers, that would be great. I would appreciate any feedback, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally did not apply to Cali schools but your stats look great! You will receive interviews, just apply early and get your PS done ASAP.

You should have a good shot at USC, Western and UCSF .

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't retake. QR is (allegedly) the most lenient score for schools and you still got a 17. You should be fine.

good DAT and gpa. just make sure to have shadowing,community service as well. being URM can give you a boost

Nope, you should be fine. I had success this cycle with lower stats than you

You look golden :D, just make sure the rest of your app is stellar.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. At first I though a 19AA wouldn't be enough to be on the safe side (I was doing better on practice tests), but from some responses I hear I will apply and hope for the best.