Should I retake the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eveline162

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the DAT twice so far
The first one I got a 20,20,20, 20, 20,18,17 (Bio/Ochem/Genchem/Math/AA/RC/PAT)
The second one I got a 20,22,21,16,20,19, 23 (Bio/Ochem/Genchem/Math/AA/RC/PAT)

My science GPA is 3.5 while my overall GPA is 3.6.
I have 1500+ hours from dental assisting and 1000+hours from research.

Do you think I have a chance with my stats or should I retake the DAT again?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the it's solid! Don't worry about the 16 on your second one too much, QR is widely regarded as the most unimportant section of the DAT, and all of your other scores are solid!

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't have retaken it after your first scores. You are fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the it's solid! Don't worry about the 16 on your second one too much, QR is widely regarded as the most unimportant section of the DAT, and all of your other scores are solid!

I think your scores are pretty good. Even though QR may be widely regarded as the most unimportant section of the DAT, some schools have cutoffs for each section. You should do some research about where you want to apply and see if they will accept a 16 on QR, that's if the school only looks at your latest DAT scores. Fortunately, I think some schools will consider your highest score in each section.

Other than that, your GPA and EC's are amazing. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the response, I was getting scared because of all the crazy stats people have in other forums. Hopefully I'll get some interviews invite soon. Fingers crossed.

In the same position as you :dead: Got a QR of 16. But I'm just going to see where it takes me this cycle