Should I start applying to SMP's now or is it kinda of too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrWheat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently looked into SMP. Should I start now in March, or is it little late and low chances since applications are rolling and have started in January?

Members don't see this ad.

Good question, I am interested in the answer too.

It's never too late until the deadline passes.

Really, what's the harm in applying? Even with rolling admissions, some schools will leave open spots until the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends, look at each program that you're interested in applying to. I know some that have expired and have already sent out their final interview invites or last round of acceptances while there are others who are still reviewing/accepting. Look at the stickied posts of AE post baccs and SMPs and look at each individual program that you are interested in and usually they'll address the question of how long each application cycle lasts.

It's worth a shot. Sometimes people already accepted in the SMP get accepted to med schools off the waitlist, so there is waitlist movement for SMPs. Apply until the deadline passes.